Project Thrift: Walls

By on January 8, 2007

I’ve been posting and blogging my thrift store deals at some of the other sister sites. I decided any thrift store finds that focus on accomplishing a mini project, I’ll start sharing here.

As some of you know, I’ve been a minimalist for years. I’m changing my views a bit in some areas. One of those areas are my walls. I’m determined to have pictures on all the walls in my home.

My project has been thriftin’ for pictures. It’s inexpensive and I like the idea of giving items a “second life.”

Here are some of my most recent finds:

None are anything to brag about, but all are in great condition and will go well in different areas of my home. Best of all, the pricetag. Very inexpensive!

How about these? Scare or Flair? rofl I blogged it on one of my other sites as my tacky find of the week.

1. PrairieRose

1/9/2007 at 12:55 am

Those burwood plaques hung in our living room at home…when I was a kid. Those have got to be collectables now. You’ve done good on your decor a la thrift lately. I’m sooo itching to go digging around…one day this week, one way or the darned other…. . I mean it. I’m going. P.S. I lurve those first 2 pics most of all.

2. Kathy

1/10/2007 at 1:28 am

Great finds. I also love the first 2 pics…they are really great.

1/16/2007 at 5:23 pm

I’m happy with how it is progressing so far. I hung them all last week. I’m still looking for more, so will update as I find more. :D

2/18/2007 at 5:20 am

I love those wooden carved pictures you found. They are so rustic and decorative, I think your other finds are nice too, but the wooden ones are my favorite. :)

5. mom23boys

2/18/2007 at 10:55 pm

I think you are a very smart shopper! Those little kittens or puppy figurines are really cute. I think they would be cute in a little girl’s room.

6. Maggi

2/19/2007 at 12:16 pm

I love your finds Sara. Especially the one with the hearts.
    You know Sara I have to say when I first saw your picture I thought you looked like Gretchen Wilson the country singer. I like her music.
    How many think she looks like her?

2/21/2007 at 12:57 pm

Marvelous pictures you found. My walls are pretty bare. I have portraits of my DDs that need hanging.