Where to Find the Best Deals on Gently Used Clothing Online
Clothing can be expensive but it is a necessity. Just because you need to buy new clothing from time to time, however, doesn’t mean that you have a spend a small fortune on it. In fact, if you are buying clothes for growing children there is no reason to spend a lot since they will just grow out of it! If you are looking for a simple way to save money on clothing, try shopping for gently used clothing online.
Tips for Buying Used Clothing Online
You can find anything on the internet – even used clothing! While there are some drawbacks to shopping for clothing online (you cannot try it on, you may not find an accurate description of the condition, etc.) it can be a lot cheaper (and less time-consuming) than visiting a consignment store in person or shopping at your local Goodwill. Here are some simple tips to get the most out of your online used clothes shopping experience:
- Know your size before you shop. Because you cannot try on clothes you order online, you need to know your size before you shop. In addition to knowing your general size (small, medium, large, etc.) you should also take measurements for your bust, waist, and hips, depending what kind of clothes you are shopping for.
- Don’t limit yourself to one store. You can find anything online if you know where to look, so don’t feel like you have to pick one store to do all your shopping. Even though you are somewhat limited for options when shopping used, you may be able to find the same outfit at a lower price elsewhere.
- Pay attention to store policies. Some used clothing sites accept returns on certain purchase, but make sure to review the store policies before you buy and definitely before you remove any tags. Once you receive your order, check all of the items carefully for defects before you wear them.
- Check the store’s definitions for condition. Each store will have its own description for what designates “good” quality or “fair” quality in used clothes. If this information isn’t provided upfront you may need to check for a FAQs section or email the store to ask.
- Take advantage of “newbie” discounts. Many stores will give new customers a discount in exchange for providing their email address or upon completing their first order. These discounts may come in different forms such as an actual discount off your total order or free shipping. You may also be able to find additional discount codes by performing a simple online search.
- Sell your own clothes for credits. Not only can you buy used clothing online, but you can sell it as well! Many used clothing sites offer store credit in exchange for used clothing so take advantage of the opportunity if it arises!
- Shop end of season sales. At the end of every season, stores will typically discount seasonal merchandise to make room for the new collection – this happens at all clothing stores, not just used clothing stores. If you have some extra room in your closet to stock up for next year, take advantage of these end of season sales.
If you don’t mind wearing secondhand clothing, you can save a lot of money outfitting yourself and your whole family. Shopping for used clothing can be just as fun as shopping for new clothing with the added thrill of getting a great deal! The next time you need to refill your closet, consider shopping online for gently used clothing by using the tips provided above.