DIY Chalkboard Paint Ideas
Paint comes in every color of the rainbow but there are also some out-of-the-box painting products that can be used for some really cool projects. Chalkboard paint, for example, can turn virtually any surface into a chalkboard. Below you will find some fun and creative ideas for using chalkboard paint.
Simple Craft Ideas for Chalkboard Paint
Whether you need a board to keep track of your weekly meetings or a way to identify your favorite spices, chalkboard paint might just be the perfect tool. Here are some simple craft ideas using chalkboard paint that you might find useful:
- Labeling Open Shelves – If you are redecorating your kitchen or redesigning your pantry, consider covering the wall behind your shelves with chalkboard paint. Then, as you stock the shelves, you can label them appropriately. If you decide to rearrange things later, you can simply erase the chalk and rewrite the labels!
- DIY Cheese Tray – If you enjoy entertaining, take your serving game to a whole new level with a DIY chalkboard cheese tray. Take a rectangular ceramic platter or serving plate and coat the bottom with chalkboard paint. When you are ready to serve, arrange your cheese wedges on the plate and label them with chalk so your guests can identify them.
- Reusable Party Banner – Why waste your money on a party banner that you will only use once when you can create a reusable one? Simply take a heavy-duty party banner made from heavy paper or fabric and paint the pennants with chalkboard paint. Then, you can use white or colored chalk to draw a letter on each pennant in accordance with the theme of your party.
- Organizing Kids’ Wardrobe – Does your child have a habit of throwing his clothes all over the room instead of organizing them in his dresser? If you want to teach your child how to keep his clothes organized, coat the outside of his dresser drawers with chalkboard paint and label them according to the type of clothes kept inside.
- Score-Keeping Game Table – If you are tired of tracking down notepads to keep score for your favorite games, why not make a DIY game table and cover the top with chalkboard paint. When you are ready to play, you can keep score right on the table!
- Labeling Food Jars – If you prefer to keep dry goods in jars instead of traditional packaging, you might want to consider chalkboard paint as a simple way to keep things organized. Just paint a swatch of chalkboard paint on the side or lid of each jar and use chalk to label what’s inside.
- Homemade Calendar – If you are tired for paying for paper calendars, consider making your own! You can take a piece of wood or cardboard and insert it into a fancy frame, then paint the surface with chalkboard paint. All you need is a straight edge to draw the lines for your calendar then you can use it to keep track of your weekly schedule!
The beauty of chalkboard paint is that it is incredibly versatile and easy to use. If none of the ideas listed above tickle your fancy, don’t be afraid to experiment a little bit on your own!