Easy Ways to Save Money with Online Shopping
If you want to save money on the things you buy regularly, you have probably already started to buy them online instead of in a store. Shopping online can be a great way to save, as long as you don’t lose your savings in shipping costs. If you want to maximize your savings with online shopping, try out some of these simple tips.
- Shop on the right day. Did you know that websites and suppliers change their prices depending what day it is? If you are shopping for airfare, the cheapest day to buy is Sunday while Monday is the most expensive. For laptops, desktops, and other technology you should shop on Tuesday. Books go on sale every Saturday and other retailers tend to roll out the savings on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Be aware of dynamic pricing. Have you ever noticed that after you search for something on Google, ads for that very thing begin to pop up in your Facebook ads? Online merchants have the ability to track your search results as well as your spending habits in order to get you to buy their products – they even have the ability to change prices according to your spending habits. To escape dynamic pricing, clear your cookies and your browsing history before you shop. You should also log out of your accounts and consider switching to incognito mode.
- Bundle your coupon codes. Not all websites will allow you to use multiple coupon codes but, if they do, you should use them in the right order to get the most savings. Start with a percentage coupon like 20% off your total purchase first. Then use any dollar-amount savings like $10 off.
- Use reward programs to your advantage. There are plenty of apps out there that allow you to earn gift cards to your favorite retailers by performing simple tasks like completing surveys or browsing product catalogs. You can even earn cash-back by purchasing from a certain shop.
- Ask for coupon extensions. Have you ever opened up your email account to find an email coupon from your favorite retailer waiting for you? You then discover that the coupon expired two days ago and your heart sinks. Rather than giving up, try calling up the company’s customer service and see if you can extend your coupon. If you are going to buying from the site anyway, you might as well ask and you can probably score a new promo code or an extension on the old one.
- Get a refund for price drops. There will come a time when you purchase something online only to find that it goes on sale the next day. What you may not know is that some companies will refund you the difference in price if you contact them within a certain number of days. Some credit cards also offer price protection as one of their services.
Shopping online can be a lot of fun and also a great way to save. As is true for any kind of shopping, however, you need to be smart if you want to get the best deals. Fortunately, the tips above are super easy to use and can save you a bundle!