Stay Cool with These Tasty Homemade Popsicles
Nothing is more refreshing during the heat of summer than a frozen treat. Unfortunately, many of the popsicles you buy in stores are made with refined sugar and artificial ingredients. If you want to cool down in a more natural way, consider making your own homemade popsicles. Here are some simple homemade popsicle recipes to help you stay cool this summer:
- Mango Coconut Pops – To create these creamy mango coconut pops, all you need is frozen mango, a can of coconut milk, and your choice of sweetener. Combine 10 ounces of frozen mango with a full can of coconut milk and 2 tablespoons of honey or agave in a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy then pour it into popsicle molds and freeze until solid. You can also throw in a banana for a boost of flavor.
- Healthy Fudge Pops – To make your own healthy fudge popsicles you’ll need coconut milk, cocoa powder, bananas, vanilla extract, and salt. Combine ½ cup of canned coconut milk with 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and 2 very ripe bananas in a blender. Add ½ teaspoon of vanilla and a pinch of salt, as well as any sweetener you like. Blend thoroughly and then pour into popsicle molds and freeze solid.
- Fruit and Yogurt Pops – These fruit and yogurt popsicles require nothing more than yogurt, berries, and your choice of sweetener. Take 1 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt and stir in 3 tablespoons of natural sweetener – you can also add a few drops of vanilla extract, if you like. Place some fresh fruit in your popsicle molds then pour in the yogurt mixture and freeze until solid.
- Coconut Berry Pops – Made with coconut water and fresh berries, these popsicles are incredibly refreshing. Simply place some fresh fruit or berries in your popsicle molds then fill them the rest of the way with coconut water (sweetened, if you prefer). Then, just freeze the popsicles until they are solid and then enjoy them!
- Peaches and Cream Pops – To make these peaches and cream popsicles you’ll need some peach nectar, heavy cream, sugar, and ginger (optional). Combine 3 cups of peach nectar with ¾ cup heavy cream (you could also use coconut milk) and ¼ cup sugar in a bowl. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of fresh grated ginger then pour it into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.
- Tropical Mango Lime Pops – These popsicles are full of fresh tropical flavor and they are very easy to make. Just take about 4 cups of chopped fresh mango (frozen works as well) and combine it in a blender with 1/3 cup of fresh lime juice and ¼ cup of sugar or honey. Blend it all together and then pour it into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.
If you enjoy making your own popsicles, it’s worth it to purchase a set of plastic popsicle molds. If you are just trying homemade popsicles for the first time and don’t want to spend on anything extra, small paper cups or even ice cube trays can do the trick.