Getting a birth certificate, my latest project. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I received a birth certificate from New York with my adopted dad and my biological mom's names on it. My last name is showing as my adopted dad's last name. As it should, which corresponds with my birth certificate that I have had and used all of my life.

So, now we shall see if one comes later this week with my biological dad's name on it and with my last name appearing as his. Hopefully, I will get an invalid search and one will not be issued. If it does, I might have some problems.
    Hello from Sunny Central Florida
    Cheryl

Gardening in zone 9B

~If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive. ~ Eleonora Duse

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, yesterday the 9th of Jan. I finally got a result of the request for a birth certificate showing my biological dad's name. The results stated that no information was found to validate that name. As it should have because I was adopted by my stepdad.

So now I know who the state of New York says is my "legal" dad.

It took them 2 months but I finally have proof of "Parent's names" on a birth certificate. I bet whoever had to research the request was probably frustrated.
    Cheryl

Gardening in zone 9B

~If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive. ~ Eleonora Duse

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I really admire your patience and perserverance!! And on to the next step in getting your passport!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Maui,
    I already have received a passport using the birth certificate showing my adopted dad's name.

Well now I have a new chapter closed. Moving on to the next one, whatever that may be.
    Cheryl

Gardening in zone 9B

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12