Frugal Village Forums banner

Electric pressure cookers

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  calimomx2 
#1 ·
I was wondering how many of you use an electric pressure cooker? We bought a Quisenart a couple of weeks ago, and the girls love it. It will cook most dishes in an hour or less, and is pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it.
Another thing is that unlike a crock pot that has to cook several hours or all day, the pressure cooker cooks it faster and better than a crock pot which saves energy!

#2 ·
I have a pressure cooker/canner that I have used to can with for quite a few years, but just recently used it for the first time as a cooker... I made bone broth from beef bones and veggies, turned out awesome! Next I am going to try a beef tongue that I got in my 1/4 beef order, it should turn out nice and tender that way.

#3 ·
I have a stove top pressure cooker but I've never used an electric one. I cook steel cut oatmeal or beans in mine. When I ate meat, I cooked beef stew in it. The meat was so tender.

Oh I cooked an artichoke in mine recently too. It was quick and came out great.

#4 ·
I just got my stove top pressure cooker for thanksgiving. I love it! The first thing I cooked in it was artichoke and red potatoes at the same time. My bf and I could not believe how little time it took & they came out perfect....the second time because I forgot about the extra time for high altitude. Live & Learn.

#5 ·
Yes my mom got gifted an electric pressure cooker, it works great and fast! a great advantage is it doesnt heat up the house or in her case use any gas!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.