A Goal Checkpoint: February 1, 2012
by, 02-01-2012 at 09:43 PM (309 Views)
With a new month starting, it's time for a goal checkup to maintain focus, strengthen any weakpoints, and generally reenergize my efforts.
Goals for 2012:
- Lose 21 pounds
- Eat consciously - Tracking nutrition and calories thru Spark People App
- Drink 64 ozs. of water daily - Definitely switched to water, met goal 9/31 days for January
- Exercise 3x/week - Haven't added an exercise routine, did sporadic arm strength training
- Aim for 1# per week weight loss - Total lost: 7# for January (7 in 4.5 weeks)
Crafts, Handiwork & Leisure:
- Improve my crochet skills, self-taught 12/1/11 - Put block afghan in hibernation, started a Neat Ripple Afghan, 44/114 rows done (39%)
- Plan to make majority of gifts homemade gifts - Finished 10 crocheted cotton dishcloths
- Enter some handiwork in the county fair, 9/2012- Found last year's entry listing but made no goals, was asked to make a set of dishcloths for a 4-H silent auction fundraiser that happens at the fair
- Finish up UFO's in my craft stash, anything unused by December 2012 gets donated - Made zero progress here
- Read a book a month, 12 for the year - Started and finished The Hunger Games and started Catching Fire
- Redecorate the livingroom - furniture, paint, decorations, framed photos - Virtually no progress here, only started pricing furniture
- Declutter and decorate Master Bedroom - Decluttered my dresser top, made a jewelry holder from a picture fram and mesh wire, donated a jewelry box that did not work for me and my jewelry
- Plant a small garden for fresh veggies - Not time for this yet, still winter!
- Plant strawberries and raspberries - Not time for this yet, still winter!
- Debt-free by March 31 - We're on track, paid $900 on our roofing and $160 to medical bills, only $2200 left
- Vacation Savings for end of April and August - This starts after debt-free date
- Fully funded Emergency Fund by 12/12/12 - starts after debt-free date
Checkpoint Self-Evaluation: Maintained a certain degree of focus in each area although, looking back, I think I'd like to see more progress on the Home Category. I also changed a title and added a reading goal to that category highlighted in green.
I feel fairly certain at this point that I'm making good enough progress and am on track.