bullying and getting sick at school?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default bullying and getting sick at school?

For the second time this week I have had to go pick DD up from school. She says she doesn't feel well. I get her home and she seems fine. I am thinking the bullying issue is worse then what she is letting on. So I have called and am going to the princapal, and her teacher again to talk about what is going on. Last week she was at school 20 mins and I got a call because she got hit in the head with a soccor ball. I am wondering now if that was truly an accedent. I am keeping her home tomorrow to see what happens. I know she gets pedatric migraines, and there is something going around the school, but because of the amount of bullying that has happend all ready this year I am starting to wonder if this is avodance from going to school or if she is really not feeling well. I am sick with pnemounia right now so I do know something is going around but still.
    I just don't know what to do anymore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would definitely talk to the teacher and the principal. Hope everything works out for the best.
    Robbin

Mom to Katey

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was one of those that was always finding an excuse to skip school. I was always some kind of sick. Part of it might have been bullying, but I just hated being at school for various reasons.

She may be getting bullied but then again, she may have just found an easy way out of a place she doesn't enjoy being. I'd look into it and try to get her to talk about school, but don't freak out just yet. If you do talk to her, I wouldn't start right off the bat with "Is someone being mean to you?" I'd just ask general questions about how she likes school, who her friends are, what she does during recess etc. If she's getting bullied it will come out at some point.
    ~Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.~

~The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well something is obviously going on - I agree with Nishu's approach - a sort of sublte way to hook the truth out - and she may not know or be willing to share. Good luck and please take care of yourelf.