Making Jar Candles
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Making Jar Candles

I started making candles for the first time about a year and a half ago and discovered that it was way more fun than I thought it would be. In fact, I got a little carried away, mixing my own scents out of essential oils, decorating the tops of the mason jars and putting little personal tags on them. I thought it'd be fun, but it was creative and exciting too. I loved naming my scents and playing around with the recipes, like I was making potions, or something. Then I got an idea to put tea leaves into the wax. I made a series of tea leaf candles. Some with Chai, some with african red tea, some with green tea. It was a blast, and I had some very special things to give my family for Christmas. I burned down a lot of them, but yesterday I found one my craft closet that I didn't know I still had, it's been a few months and I forgot that I had it in there. So I took it out and lit it up. Now my house has that wonderful smell and I'm thinking about getting some supplies and starting a new batch. Candlemaking just makes me feel good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As you continue on your journey, I know that your creativity will grow along with your skill as a candle maker.

If you make candles with your children, these will be the days they recall fondly. And they may even decide to pass the tradition on to their children.

You're making memories with family members. Every time you give a candle you've made by hand, you've given a portion of yourself.