Gave my 2 weeks notice
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Gave my 2 weeks notice

Well I gave my 2 weeks notice at work last Friday so next week is my last week.

Dh and I work for the same company and he is on partial workers comp from an injury he accquired while driving truck for them. After numberous treatments and back surgery, he still has daily pain and can not drive truck again as it puts him in bad pain.

After learning just about every job within the office they made him a dock supervisior.

After about a year a new position became available and dh put in his request to get the job, well after a month or so of training for that job, they told him he wasn't doing a good job and pulled him out of that position and put in another supervisior.

Dh was called to the main company 6 hours away and given a new position with lower pay but higher workers comp pay.
    Basically he was screwed over and there is nothing we can do about except for dh to quit. And if he does that he losses workmans comp and a big chunk of his 401k & profit share for early withdrawal.

We have been to lawyer and he told us everything they are doing is legal and he advised dh to just stick it out as and dont quit becasue that's what they are hoping he will do so they don't have to pay workers comp anymore.

Dh has been with this company for 16 years and has worked hard and many long hours, as much as 16 hours a day for years when he was driving truck for them. and now they are pulling something like this. There are other guys on workers comp who have not even attempted to come back to work to help out in the office since they got hurt, but just sit at home and collect.

Our boss has lied to dh so much since all this has happened, he will tell dh one thing one and another thing the next day.

So dh and I sat down and decided it was time for me to give my notice before anything else happens with his workers comp case and his job. So I gave my notice last week, but now dh is getting stuck doing my job which again we were lied about as the girl he hired to take over for me when I was ready to go days (I now work 2nd shift) can not find a babysitter for that shift. She knew she would be going to that shift eventually.. she is the lowest person with senority in the office and she should be put there before anyone else ..this company is big on senority.

This used to be such a good company to work for but it has gone down hill big time in the last year and my boss is one of the biggest loser there.

I will miss most of the people as they are really nice and fun to be around....I work with a bunch of truck drivers...so we were always laughing about something..truck drivers are a breed in themselves..

So I will be job hunting in the next few weeks.

pip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry to hear about how that company is treating your family, and probably the rest of its employees. Good luck on finding a new and BETTER job!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry for all the problems at work. Hope your Dh's pain gets more & more managable as the days go by. My sis suffers daily with back pain and I know how tough that is.
    Wishing the both of you the best.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry I know that has to be very upsetting for both of you. I hope there are much brighter things on your horizons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope and pray that your husband can stick it out. I'm sorry to hear that you have to find a new job because of the way ya'lls company handles such matters. It really is sickening! Good luck on finding another job quickly!!!

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so sorry. I pray that you will be able to find a god company to work for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck with your job hunt. I know you will find something better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope your DH is able to stick it out as suggested. I know this has to be hard for you as you work for the same company and see exactly what is happening.

I will keep you in my thoughts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope your able to find another job quickly

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Debbie, I'm so sorry that this has happened to you and your DH! This is just terrible and makes me so mad when I hear about companies like this!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug