Frugal Village Forums banner

Looking for Muffin, Bundt and Loaf Pan

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Niele Da Kine 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a good source for cast iron bakeware? I am wanting two loaf pans, a bundt pan and a muffin pan for 12 muffins. I am also looking for a good price of course.:wink: Let me know where you buy yours.

#3 ·
Reactions: trying to be frugal
#4 ·
Ebay is pretty good, check and see if there are any listing local to you to help save on freight.

Also, for me Flea Markets are pretty awesome. I got my Cast Iron Bundt Pan at a flea market a few years ago.

The great thing about cast iron is that you can take a piece that looks like crap and with a little elbow grease have it looking like new.

When I get a used piece I usually put it in the oven on the self cleaning cycle to get rid of anything that may be on it. I then usually soak it in lye water for a few days to get rid of any rust and then finally a brillo pad. Then I of course re-season it.

#5 ·
I have two loaf pans and two different sized muffin pans and a scone pan that my dad bought me at Peavy Mart (Canadian) they are Lodge brand so if you check Bass Pro or any camping sports place you should find them. The loaf pans make the best banana bread crust ever. I love mine. Dad gives me a new cast iron something for Xmas and birthdays every year.

#7 ·
So far most of the cast iron around here has come from yard sales, but so far I haven't found a cast iron bread pan. Online there seems to be three major ones to choose from, Lodge, Sante and Old Mountain. I've had some new Lodge cast iron pieces lately and they've been really rough and unseasoned. Had to use a grinder on them to get them smooth enough to use, so that would be my last choice of the three. The Sante seems to be a nice shape for making slicing loaves since the sides and ends are more vertical. The Old Mountain pan seems pretty slanted which does let the bread come out easily, but isn't so good when it comes time to slice it. So, my vote would be for the Sante pans. Just wish they'd show up at a yard sale!

King Arthur flour had one for awhile, but I don't think they sell them anymore. Neither does Lehman's Hardware. Does Wagner make one? They seem to have smoother cast iron than Lodge. Hmm, Wagner and Griswold were bought out by the American Culinary company and they don't seem to make bread pans. Well, I guess online is your only option? Unless yard sales are excellent in your area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.