Frugal Village Forums banner

Indoor cast iron grill pan

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lisaflex 
#1 ·
I received one of these for a birthday present (just picked it up at the PO today) and am wondering if fellow FV cooks have one like it and can give me tips on cooking with this baby. I've poked around online and got some ideas but thought maybe I could get some tips from people I "know." ;) For what it's worth I have an electric stove. Thank you!
Amazon.com: Lodge Logic L8SGP3 Pre-Seasoned Square Grill Pan: Kitchen & Dining: Reviews, Prices & more@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41TAES3Q7XL.@@AMEPARAM@@41TAES3Q7XL

#3 ·
I would love one of those and have a gas stove. I use one that covers both burners. They are a pain to clean. :) I think kosher salt helps clean them and you can turn your burner on to dry it. I soak mine in hot water for a bit.

I grill anything on it like the outdoor grill.

Reactions: Darlene
#4 ·
I have one and an electric stove. I prefer a grill to it by far.

They work fine on the stove and the stove gets plenty hot, but they are a pain to clean if you are cooking meats or anything that run.

I think they would be awesome for those popular sandwiches everyone used to eat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.