stir together:
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 stick butter (softened)
pinch of salt
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 cups flour

in big cast iron skillet, melt 3/4 stick butter and 3/4 cup brown sugar. drain can of crushed pineapple and pour onto butter/brown sugar mixture. then top with batter. bake in skillet at 350* for 40 minutes. let cool 15 minutes and flip onto cake plate.
sooooo easy and sooooo good!!!!
:jabber: :jabber:

Reactions: onencgirl
#5 ·
Oh, this is THE BEST way to make an upside-down cake, in a cast iron skillet! It is so yummy! And on a rainy day here in the Washington, D.C. area, a fresh baked slice with your favorite beverage (okay, Starbucks for me) -- what could be better?!* My grandmother, aunt, and mother always make this. ** sigh **

Julie

:umbrella:

#6 ·
well, i've made it twice and both times it has turned out sooooo good! and so gooey(sp). MMMmmmmmm.:toothy:

#7 ·
mommy2two said:
drain can of crushed pineapple and pour onto butter/brown sugar mixture.
i should have said pour pineapples onto mixture, NOT juice. sorry!!:(

#12 ·
Awesome Pineapple Upside Down cake

I am going to do this one this week. I love pineapple upside downcake. It has got to be one of my very favorites, thanks for the new way of fixing it. I'll let you know how it goes.

#14 ·
My Mom always made it this way. Thanks for reminding me. I have a can of pineapple and my family loves the cake. I'll try it this weekend.

#15 ·
This was soooooo good. It made everything moist. Thanks for the recipe!:D

#16 ·
Bump.

I was looking for cast iron cooking recipes, and I ran across this. I made it tonight, and it is every bit as delicious as it promises to be!!

I took a quick taste-test tonight, and it is moist and WONDERFUL!! I don't think the OP is still a member of FV, but she left behind a really delicious legacy! :)

#17 ·
This is my SIL's favorite cake. Never thought to use a cast iron skillet - brilliant!! Mahalo for the idea!!

Reactions: madhen
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.