Frugal Village Forums banner

2 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Cake

5K views 32 replies 30 participants last post by  Missy 
#1 ·
Now I was surfing the net and came across this. I have yet to try it but wondered if there was anyone else there brazen enough to do so? I dont even know where to look for 'dark chocolate' cake mix here in Canada.

Here's a great cake recipe. Believe it or not it's fabulous AND crazy easy:

1 box dark chocolate cake mix
10 oz. coke or root beer (measure exactly)

That's it!!! No eggs or oil. Mix and pour into cake pan.

Bake as directed on the package. The cake comes out a little more dense and very, very moist and delicious. Frost if desired. (This is not recommended with a white or yellow cake mix as the pop discolors the mix.)

#5 ·
cool recepie, ill save it and try it the next couple of weeks. whoever makes it, let us know if it works.

#10 ·
I think there's cake mix on sale and I'm going to the store today to get a few (free) things. And I already have diet coke, so I might try it!

#11 ·
Oh thank you. I loooovvvee dark chocolate.

#13 ·
Going to have to try this.
Thanks Shorty

#18 ·
This recipe sounds really weird but I'm going to give it a try!!

#25 ·
I just heard about doing the same with any cake mix and any diet soda - although I would NOT use one with aspartame - from a friend who is trying to lose weight. HAven't tried it yet, but am going to with white cake and Diet Rite Raspberry soda (has Splenda).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.