Frugal Village Forums banner

How do you spend Christmas day?

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  mgory29379 
#1 ·
Ours is always a blur of visiting. I hate it, but our house is too small to have it here. We get up, open gifts and we are at MIL by 10:00 for breakfast. Leave there around 12:30 or so, go home and crash a few hours, and then off to my mom and dad's for dinner and more gifts. Been doing it this way since we got married.

#4 ·
We visit our parents' homes. Everyone else is there as well. Then, we come home and exchange gifts here. Although, this year will probably be different, because I will probably have to work on Christmas day.

#6 ·
Dh and I are early risers, so we open gifts, then around 11 go to his mom's and from there go to my parents for gifts and dinner.

#7 ·
We stay at home. Dh makes a sausage/egg casserole the night before and puts it in the oven Christmas morning while we open gifts. After gifts we eat breakfast and watch a little TV. Then we start cooking dinner. For dessert we have a Happy Birthday Jesus cake (and we sing happy birthday). The rest of the day we just veg out watching movies or TV, enjoying our gifts, and listening to music.

#9 ·
We get up and open presents and then that is it. My room mate goes to her dad's and sometimes I take my dd to my mil's but don't think I will after last year. So we just sit around and enjoy the peaceful time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.