What did you get for Christmas???
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What did you get for Christmas???

We opened gifts this morning...DD, hubby and I. I got a food dehydrator AND a 6 QT crockpot!!! I am sooo dang excited!!! I have already made BBQ ribs in the crockpot and hubby has decided it is the best gift ever...LOL. I can't wait to join the thread "what's in your dehydrator"

What did you all get?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I LOOOVE my crockpot, especially moreso since its the same one my mom used. Glad you love yours!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kids pooled their money and gave me a Kindle Touch. This Momma, who loves to read, is very happy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default My son's life...

He flipped his truck on wednesday evening and was able to get up and walk away with only a good bang to the head and he is a hurting unit....but no broken bones etc....that is the best gift ever....Thank you Jesus!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Darlene - you will LOVE your Kindle. I can't imagine life without mine. Check ereaderiq.com for tons of freebies. Most are by indie writers, so some will be terrific, some will be awful, but free is great. It's an easy site to find the new ones listed day by day as they become available.

I don't exchange presents with anyone really, but always buy myself something. I got some crochet hooks that just arrived in the mail while ago - I didn't expect them before Christmas - and a good 1 quart electric kettle to replace the plastic hot pot I've had for years. The little one is just the right size for me. I've had that a couple of weeks and been enjoying it every day.

I was also given a $25 Amazon gift card, an unexpected gift that will be enabling my Kindle addiction.
    Donna

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just got home from gift exchange with our neighbors. Knitting needles, yarn and a gift card to Hobby Lobby. YES !!! Now I have a start on my 2012 learning list Knitting was on the top of that list

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought myself a KitchenAid Pro 600 mixer and a Mini Quad camping lantern. The mixer has been here a couple weeks and it's great. The lantern was supposed to arrive today but didn't, so should be here Tuesday. We have the larger version and love it, so we'll probably like the little one, too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My oldest bought me a Pressure cooker.
    My mil gave a pair of jammies plus money.
    My dh insisted on buying me a present so my middle son & dh went to Gander Mountain they just got back and it's a Metal detector...I hope I find something good!
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dcompton View Post
    Darlene - you will LOVE your Kindle. I can't imagine life without mine. Check ereaderiq.com for tons of freebies. Most are by indie writers, so some will be terrific, some will be awful, but free is great. It's an easy site to find the new ones listed day by day as they become available.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcompton View Post

I don't exchange presents with anyone really, but always buy myself something. I got some crochet hooks that just arrived in the mail while ago - I didn't expect them before Christmas - and a good 1 quart electric kettle to replace the plastic hot pot I've had for years. The little one is just the right size for me. I've had that a couple of weeks and been enjoying it every day.

I was also given a $25 Amazon gift card, an unexpected gift that will be enabling my Kindle addiction.
    I do love it and I've been to the site you mentioned & also enjoy this one: kinlib US it's a poular one on the amazon discussion boards. I've 16 free ones on my Kindle already, lol.
    Enjoy all your loot!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love reading about what people get, you can feel the excitement in the posts.

cmu
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Had Christmas with my mother in laws family last night and got some home made preserves, did the Christmas exchange with my side of the family today and I got a $15 walmart gift card from my secret santa, a "Family Rules" wall hanging from my Mother in Law and 2 14 peice corningware sets from my dad and MIL, was only suppossed to get one but Target.com shipped 2 and my dad didn't check the box but I asked him to check his bill when he got home and he said he was only charged for 1 so YAY FREEBIE (for my dad anyway )

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH got me a new Cobra radar detector for my truck, the deep fryer I've been wanting, and a lovely card.
    My MIL and FIL gave me some cash and a safety electric can opener...it's so cool.
    The kiddos got me cards, hugs, and bunches of love...the best gifts ever.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    Kids pooled their money and gave me a Kindle Touch. This Momma, who loves to read, is very happy.
    Darlene,

Check to see if your local library has downloadable ebooks. Our library participates in a program with many other libraries in the state. I get to download a ton of ebooks that way at no cost.

On to the question posed in the original thread:

From my secret YUM (secret sister type thing amongst our mommy group): two skeins rowan colourspun yarn, a book, the sofest blanket EVER, and a chai mix.

From my mil and (step)fil: two skeins rowan drift, volumizing root spray, body shimmer, $50 g.c. to local yarn store, moroccan oil for my hair, mascara, eye liner, a pretty journal and one unknown present that they forgot to give m.

From my fil and (step)mil: spa socks, cozy gloves, reed difuser, $75 cash.

From my mom and dad: red cable sweater, black courdory jacket, a topaz/diamond necklace, a canister set I have been wanting/

From brother 1 and his daughters: a new taste of home cookbook that comes with a one year subscription to T.O.H. (which is handy because mine ran out this month).

From brother 2 and his girlfriend: a blue geisha girl teapot for my collection

From brother 3 and his fiance: The Help dvd

From grandparents: ornaments and a $25 visa giftcard

From Dubya: a beautiful handmade picture frame with his photo in it.

From Z: a pair of black boots, a pair of blue boots, a 2012 Sandra Boynton family calendar, and diamond stud earrings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been ridiculously spoiled.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well we haven't really been exchanging gifts a lot this year. But I have a spankin' new hardcover journal and a couple of movie passes. I think there's a book under the tree too.

DH is a bit of a scrooge and didn't want to celebrate Christmas this year. So I think I'm going to do what Donna does and buy myself a Christmas gift each year from now on to put under the tree.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Darlene,

Check to see if your local library has downloadable ebooks. Our library participates in a program with many other libraries in the state. I get to download a ton of ebooks that way at no cost.

On to the question posed in the original thread:

From my secret YUM (secret sister type thing amongst our mommy group): two skeins rowan colourspun yarn, a book, the sofest blanket EVER, and a chai mix.

From my mil and (step)fil: two skeins rowan drift, volumizing root spray, body shimmer, $50 g.c. to local yarn store, moroccan oil for my hair, mascara, eye liner, a pretty journal and one unknown present that they forgot to give m.

From my fil and (step)mil: spa socks, cozy gloves, reed difuser, $75 cash.

From my mom and dad: red cable sweater, black courdory jacket, a topaz/diamond necklace, a canister set I have been wanting/

From brother 1 and his daughters: a new taste of home cookbook that comes with a one year subscription to T.O.H. (which is handy because mine ran out this month).

From brother 2 and his girlfriend: a blue geisha girl teapot for my collection

From brother 3 and his fiance: The Help dvd

From grandparents: ornaments and a $25 visa giftcard

From Dubya: a beautiful handmade picture frame with his photo in it.

From Z: a pair of black boots, a pair of blue boots, a 2012 Sandra Boynton family calendar, and diamond stud earrings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been ridiculously spoiled.
    Starting in January our library system will be on board with lending books to ereader patrons. I know there will only be a few copies of some titles but I have enough to keep me busy as I wait on a list.
    Enjoy all your loot, you did make out like a bandit!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast