Christmas 2012... ONLY 364 days to go! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm well stocked on most things, but I did buy a set of 10 gift boxes for $1.50 and some pretty tags for $1.50.

I really can't even *think* about Christmas 2012 at this point yet though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I raided the after Christmas clearance at Target today, and got some stockings, a cute little stuffed puppy, a rudolf puzzle and a "meaning of Christmas" book. I am going to do xmas stockings filled with small things next year for the people I buy for instead of gift bags filled with small things. The cute childrens items I bought today will be for my nephew. He's about half way done and we haven't even hit the new year yet! I hope to buy small things as I see good deals and hope to have everyone besides my kids done by this summer. At this pace it looks like a possibility!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I picked up another card pack for 0.99 and some single cards for DH & DS for 0.49 each. Also picked up a little ornament - a photocube with a cute little blue bear on for MIL 1.99

I will try and put money to the side for christmas now and get gifts through-out the year

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have knitted some scarves over the last year that I didn't give out at xmas this year....i think those will be going into the "stockings" for next years xmas gifts.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought one roll of wrapping paper, and that's it! I have plenty of supplies otherwise, and didn't need more, even if they're giving it away. The reason I bought the one roll is that I had a preschool nephew uninterested in opening any presents that came in a bag! It was hilarious. He wanted everything wrapped in a box. Next year I'm going to wrap his presents individually and then throw them in a box that'll he'll also have to unwrap. So I needed only one roll of kid wrapping paper, and that's all I've done for next year.

Registered User AspiringToBeFrugal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I updated my budget for 2012 and started making lists of things to buy for next year. No big purchases yet but I did save a few things to use for 2012--plastic food storage containers, round Christmas containers I want to use for cookies and such, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I packed up the Christmas stuff today It always makes me so sad. One thing I did notice is that I have some ornaments that i don't really want anymore that I'll pass on to friends. Some would look really cute tied to presents

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've gotten over the strange feeling of finding/seeing perfect stocking stuffers in stores and realizing that I am not doing the 9 stockings next year - and it really is okay!!

Was looking at wrapping paper on sale to use in some of my card/papermaking swaps for 2012 Christmas season - and found just what I wanted in DMIL's wrapping supplies. A friend also gifted me with about 10 huge rolls of beautiful Christmas wrapping paper which I am busy sharing with everyone!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i used my quarterly extra care bucks and bought some 50% and 75% off items - cologne for ds and make up brush sets for dds - free christmas items

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll put away all the nativities tomorrow since today is 12th night. I have reorganized and weeded so we only have the things we like left for next year. There is also a yarn sale so I might start scarves for next year as teacher gifts.
    Mom to Emma, Spencer, Connor, Lily,Fletcher, Amelia and Adeline.

Mortgage $0
    EF 3 mo income barring
    anymore emergencies

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i purchased 1 roll of wrapping paper (i still have tons leftover from this year) and 3 little felt drawstring gift bags for my 3 nieces. i've decided to do gift cards for them next year.....2 are teenagers and my youngest niece is now old enough to be excited to pick out her own stuff. i also picked up a pk of 3 adorable little gift tags to hang from them.

total spent: under $5.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have purchased approximately 15 of these pens to give as gifts to the hard to buy for men in our lifes (grandpas, crazy neighbors, etc).

index

Madhen had posted about receiving one as a gift, so many thanks to her for that idea!
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL I am up to 40 rolls of wrapping paper Walgreens has them for
    .50 cents a roll and every time I go in it's like ohh I don't have that one and I have been getting boxes and bags and tags all under a 1.00 ok I admit it I'm addicted to wrapping paper .
    I have 2 scarves made and 1 dish towel
    picked up 3 candle sets that were marked down
    Yesterday while at the second hand store I found a brand new with the tag on it Christmas fleece blanket it was 2.10 ( orginal price 10.00)
    I will be shopping for Christmas bargins till they pull every thing off the shelf.
    I have also picked up Christmas lights,door hangers ,books ,picture frames ,Christmas ornaments
    Being on a tight budget I use my savings from coupons to buy the mark downs .It's amazing the great bargins you get.
    We are cancer free but dealing with lung issues
    (Life is fragile handle with prayer)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well I have enough wrapping paper & gift cards from past years 90% off sales to last me the rest of my life- so I am good there.

Went to get a gallon of milk this morning at CVS and came out with 4 stuffed bags of goodies that were all 90% off. Candies, trinkets, pet toys... Only spent $15 (and that included my milk)...

Some we will consume throughout the year and others will be put back for x-mas goodies.

I just LOVE shopping this way. Can't imagine why everyone doesn't do it...(but thank goodness they ALL don't or there wouldn't be as much left for all of us).....

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.
    Only then will you find that money can't be eaten.”

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am getting myself some jars (for free) and making some jams and cookie mixes for christmas as i know a lot of people like my baking and its a little different too, (plus is less mess in my kitchen too if i dont cook them)

I dont gift baked goodies as they never have a chance to leave my kitchen without being eaten lol.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast