6 Months to Christmas! Are you on track? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I picked and canned peaches this weekend. . . some became jam/jelly for gifting, some of the canned spiced peaches will probably become gifts as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made two scarves from cotton tshirts last nite. They turned out well. Gonna make 2 or 3 more for gifts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i got nothin!!!! except a trip to vail that is almost paid for! for five days....dd will be overjoyed!!!other than that...not even on the xmas train yet... need to get started though

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have my list of stuff to make. I am making DD a "fashion scarf" as well as a nice warm winter one. I make up stories for my daughter as well and she asked me once to paint the pictures for them and put it in book format so she could read them to her self if she was at her dads. So that is what I am going to do. And Santa brings usualy 3 "toys" and then it is books, or craft supplies. She has really gotten into painting with me when I do. So I think I will try and make her a small painting kit for her so she is not always using my old brushes. So I will pick that stuff up at the dollar store for her.
    I am painting my mom something I still am going through ideas.
    I will knit my sister, grandfather, my sisters partner, my best friend and my daughters tutor a scarf. As well everyone will get like a sweets tin, with homemade cookies. I started when dd was young telling her homemade gifts are better because they come from the heart. Last year it clicked and she made stuff for me and her dad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i ran into an excellent deal at boscovs today jordache brand earrings clip pierced etc for 99c a pair reg up to 16$ a pair i bought 8 pr of clip ons for mil ( she actually looks forward to our gifts to her for mothersday xmas b-day because they always include clip earrings . she doesnt like to go to malls and is forever losing earrings so i am her yearly re supplier LOL so i may well be OK for cmas mothers day and her bday ( june ) for this next year !!\

also found some soft comfy isotoner 24$ slippers on clearance for 99x only had small size so i got 2 and dd and i now have matching sippers ( not for Cmas but what a deal !! )

actually took 15 yo to mall to get her some indoor air conditioned exercise for her sprained hip and just lucked upon the deals-

oh last week i got my older dd a 28$ silver and faux black and white "diamond" ring good for when she goes out to clubs etc for ree it was 6.50 but i used a macys GC i had earned back last december doing CVS deals
    *~Debbi~*
    Happily Married Mom to 5 ; PT Home Care RN
    Living with FMS

“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more;
    Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”
    Swedish Proverb

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Getting Gazelle like 7/1/10
    Paid off 6 CC's totalling $6807 in 2010
    Paid off car 9000
    Quit 2nd Job for health reasons so going slower .
    purchased used car in cash 5000
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

just an idea for anyone with girls the age to be into dolls or american girl dolls- my girl loved it when i crocheted matching scarfs or hats or hair bands etc for them and their doll to wear
    *~Debbi~*
    Happily Married Mom to 5 ; PT Home Care RN
    Living with FMS

“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more;
    Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”
    Swedish Proverb

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Getting Gazelle like 7/1/10
    Paid off 6 CC's totalling $6807 in 2010
    Paid off car 9000
    Quit 2nd Job for health reasons so going slower .
    purchased used car in cash 5000
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got some toys on sale at TRU yesterday. For my dd and DS (weird saying that when he's not born yet) saved 40 dollars....and got a highchair that hooks on the a kitchen chair for 30 reg 50. This was going to be bought at Xmas, but I jumped on the deal. Mil offered to pay for the chair her next pay! Woot, even better deal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have a couple gifts in the closet...but found out we are drawing name between the 5 grandkids...works for Us...The adults do not give gifts. So Christmas shopping should be under $450.00 when all said and done.
    On Baby Step # 6 $25,386
    Mortgage pay off October 1 2014
    Proud supporter of Blessings In A Backpack and SPCA
    CrossFit lover

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'am thinking of doing up some small jar gifts of Friendship tea...it is in the Living on a dime cook book.
    On Baby Step # 6 $25,386
    Mortgage pay off October 1 2014
    Proud supporter of Blessings In A Backpack and SPCA
    CrossFit lover

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't done a thing yet! Last Christmas was a disaster and our son was hosptialized for 18 days leading up to Christmas and we were discharged Christmas morning. Needless to say, I've learned my lesson and plan to start shopping this weekend. Since my son has medical issues and can be difficult to shop with sometimes, I do much of my shopping online and from QVC. This weekend is "Christmas in July" on QVC and I will take advantage of a few EasyPay offers on the bigger items for our kiddos.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have 11 no-sew fleece blankets made, started working on them right after Christmas last year. I'm also making a few placemat sets.
    Never underestimate the power of frugality!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My gifting is actually pretty easy. My grown children and spouses have wishlists at Amazon. I check to make sure they are updated and get them something from the lists. My DIL has been listing things for my grandchildren too. Sometimes my kids want part gifts and the rest in a check. My husband tells me what to get for him and it's usually like one or two things. He actually doesn't like gifts. His favorite gift is for me to not spend a lot of money. LOL Then I just have my sister to buy for and a few random friends. We're semi- retired , so don't have to do presents for co-workers, Yay! I usually end up walking around in the malls anyway. I wrap things as they arrive (I order online).
    I have lots of paper, ribbon and boxes and gift bags stored in the basement. I save that stuff from year to year (except the paper).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Grabbed a cute pair of designer flip flops for my dd#2.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh my, its almost August and I havent done the first thing. I usually have at least half of it done. Not this year, but I definately have to get busy soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I have officially begun....Toys R Us had some great stuff on sale, and I wanted to order two of those silly Pillow Pet Lites as my kids are CRAZY about them. Have set aside a bunch of $ for xmas already, should be all set on that front. So I got- 2 pplites, 1 for each child, dd4-2 dress up sets (one HUGE), a dress up wig, a lalaloopsy, a little music/jewelry box DS6-Hot Wheels alarm clock (less than $12, on sale!). Used Amazon gift cards I earned for 'free' (well, just my time spent) on swagbucks to buy a double box set of Lego Indiana Jones and kung Fu Panda games for the xbox 360 for DS6- no cost to me. Also ordered $50 TGI Friday's card for inlaws using my swagbucks (so no $ out of pocket for me again).Have spent just over $130 so far. Not too bad, I don't think. Though i am still prone to major STICKER SHOCK! No wonder my kids get so many things second hand- new stuff is CRAZY expensive! Still kind of spinning my wheels on idea for DS14, who does not reside with me, but there's still plenty of time.

I have also begun my copious record keeping for $ spent on everything/everyone- guess who's the nerd in my marriage ?

Kill the mortgage! Goal: 12/2023 Left to go: $143,239.43
    Extra paid: 2012- $4408.03 2013-$5396.21+ $400 extra towards escrow
    2014-$2066.45

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast