What do your kids want for Christmas?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What do your kids want for Christmas?

Both my kids are still young and didn't really ask for anything. Both kids asked for floam. Just a strange request considering they could choose to list anything and I'd take it from there. I feel fortunate that my kids don't have the gimmees yet. Their birthdays are in a couple of weeks, so it is tough sometimes to think of gift ideas. I think we're getting them scooters. The cost on scooters has really come down. I was in shock.

Zachary asked for a new fridge. Now that was interesting, yet a bit sad. Then he asked for two babies. lol Umm I don't think so bud. The weird thing..he knew exactly what he wanted in a new fridge and was talking so matter of a fact that it was scary. No. He's not getting a fridge for Christmas. lol We actually had to have a little talk with him. I was feeling uncomfortable about his fridge request. I was concerned he overheard Gabe and I talking about it and felt like he needed to sacrifice his own wants for something we needed, but that wasn't the case. He just wanted a fridge. lol

This might be the last yr that my kids don't start asking for big ticket items, so I'm enjoying it. I'm sorta hoping they never do, but realize many children do and mine probably will.

Sooo, what types of fun things are your kids asking for?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Miss A wants an IPod. Gma & Gpa have no clue as to what to get her because that's all she wants. I've already got her one, but it's not an actual IPod brand. That one doesn't support subscription services & you have to buy the music from ITunes for $.99 each.....we'll be searching out a subscription service....I think yahoo'll do it for $60 a year. She'll like it.

Miss K is too young. She doesn't even know what Christmas is. How long can we keep it that way????? LOL!

Also, both of my kids have birthdays *this* month. They rake it in this time of year.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My kids range in age from almost 18 to 27, so they just want cold, hard cash.
    I'm having fun shopping for my grandkids, though. Dgranddaughter age 15 months saw a Cabbage Patch Kid, so I've ordered one for her off QVC (she saw it on tv, as I was flipping channels)
    My 3 yo grandson would be delighted to have toy trucks and my youngest dgrandson will be 3 months old, Friday, so he hasn't asked for anything, yet, lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is the first year that my kids have asked for anything really expensive. DD#1 asked for a laptop and ofcourse the one she requested is like $1500...she said that was all santa had to bring her and she didn't want anythign else...sorry but she isn't getting that either...we can't afford that...and DD#2 who is 10 asked for a portable DVD player, but she keeps changing her mind and rewriting santa letters to inform him of her new choices...

I know...10 is probably a little old to believe, but if she enjoys it, then so be it

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mine need new bikes. DS3 had his destroyed over the summer by leaving it in the driveway of our neighbor, and they backed over it. DS2 just needs a bigger one. DS1 wants cash, and IPod, and clothes. I don't know what I will end up buying for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ds is 11 and wants anything and everything PSP.......including games and also Star Wars stuff!

Dd is 18 and she wants cash money.........and would be happy to spend it all on music!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Doug never asks for anything ( always tells me that Santa finds better things than he could ever think to ask) but this year he asked for a digital camera, since he's traveling, and getting married.

Jake never asks for anything-- but I got him a kayoke machine (free to me from my work for being there 15 years)

Deana hasn't asked for anything, but she'll get a stero for her car (almost free as a friend bought one, and it didn't fit their car, so they are giving it to us, just have to have iit installed)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ingrid just had a birthday but she doesn't know what Christmas is so she hasn't asked. We'll buy her a few simple toys.

Isabel's birthday is in December right before Christmas and her wishlist is a mile long. She especially wants a My little pony scooter (for her little ponies). I've already got that hidden, ordered from e-bay. I've also got an outfit for her Bitty Baby set back. She also really wants the Cinderella DVD which I'm sure she'll get. Other than that she'll just have to wait and see. We don't do Santa Claus so at we won't have to explain why Santa forgot something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tyler wants the dvd movie Two Brothers and Paul wants a new comforter for his bed. Weird requests ! Zack is to little so he doesn't ask for anything yet LOL

They said whatever Santa brings them is fine. That they will like it LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Uuummmm, well mine are 23, 25 & 27 just so ya know....
    They have asked for (respectively and yes even oddly):

An entertainment center
    An Ionic Breeze
    An Old World Globe (?! Does anyone have a clue where I can get an old world globe that stands on the floor, isn't a wet bar and costs under $150?!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine asked for Build a Bear Workshop items and Barbie stuff pretty much. They're very easy to please though and will like anything I get them

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

dh,ds and dd all decided they want an x-box 360. so that, plus games (each got to pick one 1 and teh extra controller will be all the purchased gifts they will get. except dh as i had already bought the first 2 seasons of smallville for him. but all 4 of us like smallville.

i have some things crocheted for them and then they will have their stockings as well.

my mother bought dd the faritopia doll dd said she wanted when we were at walmart a few weeks back.and i think she got ds a lego ship to bulid. she told me what ship it is but i can't remember.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lisa, my sister gave DS1 an old world globe on a stand for his 21st. He's obsessed with maps.

I can't remember my kids asking for much. I remember when I asked them what they wanted they'd usually say "a surprise".

This year I'm giving DS1 money for his travel fund - he's going OS next year. I've also designed and stitched him some cushion covers with gardener's designs that inlude his name (he has his own apartment). DS2 is getting a Kraft Vegemite Travellers Pack of 6 jars and a CD that usually he buys of his favourite alternative radio station's best songs of the year. I'm also knitting him a scarf of pure Australian wool.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Richard wants mechanic tools. He is taking a machanic tech program at the high school and plans to continue it after high school.

Chris wants a new baseball glove.

Dakota wants a new personal CD player. I already purchased one for him that has MP3 downloads too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ds hasn't started the "I wants" yet this year, but we aren't really into christmas mode yet either. Thanksgiving comes first. I cringe when people ask him what Santa will bring him because:

1. I like to keep our focus on what we will be doing for others, not what we will get
    2. I'm keeping it simple this year and I don't want him to get his hopes up for something and then be disappointed.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there won't be any big ticket must have item on his list this year!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast