Christmas parties....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Christmas parties....

Does yours or your DH's company have a Christmas party?  If so, will you be attending and what type of party is it?

My hospital has a Christmas tea each year, they serve breakfast/brunch type foods and teas and coffees.  I usually go if  I am working since it is held at the hospital but I don't make a trip to town to go to it if I am off.  My unit has it's own Christmas luncheon each year at one of our homes, it changes each year according to who is willing to have it at their home, I do try to go to that.  It is a really nice dinner, potluck with lots of great company and fun.

What about you, do you have a company party in store of you this season?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We do, we have a nice cocktail party with dinner and dancing.

KimBob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh's employer used to have a big Christmas party for employees and their families. I always hated them personally - the music was always too loud and most of the people only came to get drunk and be obnoxious. Then they started taking just the employees out to breakfast and that changed to just taking the employees out to dinner. Last year the 'party' consisted of just a bunch of food set out all day at the office for the employees.

Dh does not know what will be done this year, although he knows something has been planned. If it's anything involving entire families coming or even taking just the employees somewhere, we/he will not be attending. (That decision is based on a matter that's entirely too lengthy to go into that just happened a couple of weeks ago. Let's just say the employees in dh's department, dh especially, were treated very dirty.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My hubby's work is having a Progressive Dinner this year. Everyone will meet at the school and take a bus to the first house for appetizers, then back in the bus to the second house for the main course, and back on the bus to the last house for dessert. I think it's kinda weird. I'll probably send Tom alone. It's adult only and I don't have anyone to watch the boys. Which is not biggie to me. I always feel uncomfy and out of place at these work parties.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our office Christmas party is this Saturday, in fact. It will be dinner and then some silly games including the "Dirty Santa" gift exchange. I never knew the gift exchange had a name until I saw it posted here at FV.

If there is a party for DH's faculty I don't hear about it. One year they all got a single package of microwave popcorn for Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No party here. DH has one at work, but not after hours.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh's company has pizza on his last day of work. Years ago we would attend huge company parties and they were a lot of fun. Cutbacks over the years took care of that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My company has a holiday luncheon. It's for employee's only on a Friday afternoon. It's usually very elegant and quaint at a wonderful restaurant. We get paid for the whole day, recieve a large gift basket full of incredible foods, wine and champagne from Cheese Traders, and during a good year, a bonus. The company I work for is like family and I am so thankful!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No, thank goodness. I'm an antisocial weenie.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes dh work has one but we never go since most of the people just go there to drink and usually there is a fight between some of the employees

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL i hope not, i hate crowds

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sore point here LOL, DH always has a big works christmas party - no partners are invited though

Anyway I have a christmas night out with the mothers from Ciaras class - its a party night at one of the local hotels with a meal and a band ( an ABBA kind of one I think). Thank goodness I paid for it during the summer when it was booked otherwise I would be giving it a miss.

The other night out is with DH shooting club. Again that is a meal and then a few drinks
    Rachael
    Wife to Dec
    Mum to Ciara, Jamie and Jack

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The hospital has a big party with dancing, dinner and drinks-- but this year it's on my weekend to work. I've never been even when it's my weekend off though.

Our unit hasn't had a party in some time--- the last one we had, we had a luncheon. . .we had gatherered for the party, when we got a phone call saying one of our coworkers had fallen asleep at the wheel on the way home that morning, and was dead.

Put a damper on Christmas parties after that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are suppose to attend DH's Christmas party Saturday. It is just for the employee and spouse or SO. They have dinner and give out gifts to the employees.

We will attend mine on Dec. 15th. We will go to a nice restruant and have a dinner. We usually take an ornament or white elephant gift to exchange.

CorneliaBob
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh's employer has a big Christmas party for the employees families. Its held at a local kids club and they have pizza, drinks and cookies. Santa's there and they give out gifts by age to employeess kids... ds has gotten some nice Little People gifts the past two years. They give each child $2 in quaters to play the games and they show a family movie....its a really nice thing for the families.

they also have a party that is employee and quest only that is really nice (dinner, drinks, great door prizes-we won a dvd player the one year we went)but we only went that one year-dh doesn't like stuff like that so.....its a no go.....

I'm a SAHM so no party for my company unless you count the fun and games and cookies we have every day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast