Do your pets like the hoopla of Christmas?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Do your pets like the hoopla of Christmas?

And what do they like about it? My cat loves when I wrap presents and wakes from a sound sleep when he hears the curling ribbon being unfurled. He loves that stuff and makes wrapping alot of fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Suzy( our mad Staffie) loves it! she loves to unwrap her gifts herself and she is more than happy to help US, with our gifts, if we can't get the paper off quick enough

Last year (without us knowing) she quietly ran off with a package that was meant for Dh we found it on her bed untouched, but not before my Mum and Dad were accusing each other of forgetting " that parcel"

My Mum makes her a mini version of their Christmas Dinner ( which they have on Christmas Eve because they come to us for Christmas day), when she has eaten that and unwrapped her pressies she goes bonkers for half an hour showing us all her new toys and then sleeps for the rest of the day! bless her

She is a joy to watch and has us in stitches!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh and what great timing on this thread! it's evening here in the Uk and the local Rotary club have just been around with "santa" in his sleigh complete with music and bells, and my dog is like a giddy toddler!

we took her out to "see Santa" and she about wagged her tail off and made the guys laugh
    They said this was the first time they had stopped for a dog ( not many little ones on our street )
    Great timing Darlene

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our doggie actually gets JEALOUS if ds gets a boxful of Hanukah or Christmas goodies and there's nothing wrapped up in there for him! One year, DS was opening a ton of little things from his grandparents, and there was nothing for doggie, and doggie went off and SULKED in his snuggle ball!! We now make sure to have a couple of treats wrapped up just in case. What a sibling!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

toby, a beagle, doesn't like the ripping of paper, but loves to wander through the paper once it has hit the ground and it is quiet. unfortunatly he also likes to chew on gifts hiding amoungst the paper so he stays in another room while we unwrap presents.
    before we start one of the kids will give him a pig ear to chew on though so he doesn't mind being in the other room.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My dog Peachie used to love all the gift opening and 'helped' us too. She didn't even mind having bows on her head, that I put there. LOL

My cats help some what, but they love the tree itself, the papers, ribbons and bows the best.
    ~~ Dee ~~
    8 Years Cancer FREE!
    25 July 2003

Married to my sweetie, Jack 25 yrs.

Mama to 27 furbaby 'Katz' (as my hubby calls them LOL)
    Nicky, Snowy, Olga, Ralphie, Sidney, Oliver, Fonz, Audra, Hoss, Peanut, Madeline, Tigger, Alice, Poppy,Teddy Bear, Mittens, Conan, Sherman, Trapper, Radar, Maxie, Annie, Rocky, Kali (AKA P.I.T.A), Jethro, Chewy Lewy, and Chance!

Don't forget to do self examinations monthly and have regular mammograms!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My cats love to lie under the Christmas tree. I guess it makes them feel like they're outside.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My one dog "Shadow" loves to open his own gifts.
    The cat loves to lay on the wrapping paper when I'm wrapping presents and also loves to lay under the tree

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have two cats and a dog, and so far only the younger cat shows any interest in anything. She has been climbing to the top of the Christmas tree and loves to bat at all of the ornaments (all non-breakables this year!!). We haven't wrapped any presents yet --- I can only imagine what she will do to those!
    ~~Jean~~

No lie can live forever -- Martin Luther King Jr

What the people want is very simple - they want an America as good as its promise. -- Barbara Jordan

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One of our cats, William (We call him Wilson), loves anythin crinkly sounding. Tissue and wrapping paper. We don't usually have presents with ribbons or bows because he really loves to "chew". He chews ribbons in about twenty sections. Joy! But he's such a cutie!

I love reading about all your furbabies!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Arc loved the tree last year. Not so much this year. Maleka noticed herself in a christmas ball and hasn't been back to the tree since. last year Arc loved playing in the wadded up paper and ribbons after the presents were opened.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The cats just love Christmas morning all those boxes and bags to wander in and out of.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just a reminder that cats need to be watched around ribbon (best to keep them away from it if possible). They not only like to play with it -- they often try to eat it. You don't want to have to pull a length of ribbon out of a cat especially on Christmas.