Official Christmas 2006 Craft Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Official Christmas 2006 Craft Thread

Yep, it's 100º outside and I'm thinking Christmas. Who's making gifts this year? Who's making stuff to sell? I'll probably do both. Tell us what you're making and how it's coming!

I'm still deciding.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I already crocheted dish clothes for my sister. I have also canned my antipasta and salsa for gift baskets. I'm going to be making soups and cocoas in jars for the gift baskets. I'm also going to make the kids tree ornaments out of plastic canvas.
    I'm sure I'll have more to do but that's what is planned so far.
    EF $703.21
    STARTING DEBT $40,567.12

DEBT TO DATE $5,571.24

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a list made out but I have yet to make anything. Here it is almost August so I had better get busy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want to try soapmaking. I am waiting on some things I ordered to come in now. I'm also doing a cute paper bag gingerbread man stuffed with homemade goodies for my DD's playgroup friends. If my soap making flops, I will be doing some homemade mixes for food gift baskets.
    Yep, that's all in my head too. I have yet to start any of it... except ordering some soap making stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm making soap, washclothes, bath scrubbies, and candles for all the women on my list. Not sure about the men!

June grocery challenge $114.99/$400

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i already have some dishclothes made and one doilly. those will be for my mom and sister. not sure what if anything we will be doing for the inlaws. nephew is getting a crocheted bear blanket. all i have to do for it is put on eyes and it's done. dd's turtle pillow is coming along. all the pieces are crocheted. now i just have to sew them together and stuff. ds will either get one too or a checkerboard set. if i have time i'm going to make a baby bunting for dd's doll.

inlaws may get baked goods. easy on me and i know they will eat them.
    i might let the kids make scented lotions for my mom and sis from one of the kits from michaels. something easy since it's all there and my mom and sister will like them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made the Three Little Kittens plastic canvas Christmas ornaments for my best friend who is a HUGE cat lover. I have made for myself LOL 2 redbird ornaments and a pair of red fuzzy slippers. I was working on the Kittens at work a few days ago and a customer was admiring them. She wants me to make her some ornaments....which ever ones I want to make....she said she would pay me well for them. So, now I guess I will be giving some as gifts and selling some as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a large assortment of Stamps that I am going to use to make designs on Clay pots with pretty decorations. Then I will fill the pots with gifts that will be specific to the person I am going to give it to. Such as seeds, yard gloves, little garden tools, etc. for the gardener in the family, then recipes, mixes, etc. for the cooks, etc.
    I can also paint so I might try my hand at painting some glass objects to give also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm going to be making Christmas Tree skirts, table runners and placemats for Christmas presents this year. I bought a bunch of fabric after Christmas last year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will be making candles in Christmas mug that I cleaned from our cupboards.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'd love to make some potholders and other assorted things for the craft fair in the fall, but I think I'm going to run out of time.

I need to focus on making the kids some clothes first, and I can't seem to get motivated to do even that

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hey karen!! how are you??
    This year has been really bad for us financially, so mostly I'm doing homemade gifts and items that I manage to come across on freecycle that are still in great condition....also i have had some things stashed back for a few years in my "gift box" that I can also give as nice gifts.
    so far, I have made personalized pillowcases for some of the kids, warm slippersocks,baby blankets & hooded cape(for the new baby). I have been collecting crossword puzzles from a free advertising paper that comes every week - i plan to make a crossword puzzle book for my dad...and my mother has been collecting comic strips from her newspaper for me...i'll be making comic books of the kid's favorite characters. I did this one year and they loved them.
    I have quite a few items left over from my Christmas ebay sales from last year and I've been able to manage making a few other new items to add to what I have.....so I will be selling on ebay this Christmas(it'll probably go toward the auto insurance due in January).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The problem I face, other than time, is that a "homemade" gift is not very well received. Me on the other hand, I would love it if someone took the time to make something and give it to me as a gift.

Registered User frugalbutterfly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope you all won't mind but I may "steal" some of these ideas(adding my own theme). I have to keep things as frugal as I can but I also want to add personal touches rather then just buying something even if it is wanted, I like the more personal gifts.
    So, far, I have nothing figured out so, I better get moving, I may have to wait until the kids go back to school but want to at least have a plan(that is always a good thing)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Candles in Christmas mugs is a good one. I have so many mugs from over the years that I take out my regular mugs and replace them all with Christmas mugs. I have so many some of them never do get put out for the holiday.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast