Frugal Village Forums banner

clay pot bird bath

Tags
bath bird clay pot
3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Missy 
#1 ·
I have seen this project some where before. please forgive me if i am just reposting someone else has posted. :D

this is another project I found at homehardware.com

What You'll Need
 3 clay pots, 14", 12" and 10" 5059-713/704/697
 1 clay saucer 14 to 16" 5059-278/287/296
 Clear spray lacquer 1730-103
 Clear silicone caulking 2031-223
 Beauti-Tone paint
 Level 1036-177
 Pencil
1. Stack the pots starting from the largest to the smallest. Run a pencil line around the bottom edge of each pot. (This will be your guideline of where to paint and glue.)
2. Paint the pots as desired.
3. Glue into place using a level to ensure it is straight.
4. Spray inside of saucer with 3 coats of lacquer. Paint outside as desired and glue into place ensuring it is level.
5. Place in garden, fill with water and enjoy the birdwatching.
Alternative: Place floating candles in the saucer instead of water to create an enchanting evening ambience outside

See less See more
#2 ·
That is so cute...... Clay pots will go clearance soon also....:D
Thanks Melissa !!!!!

#4 ·
I have made these for my mother and mother in law in the past. Just a quick note. You must take them inside in the Winter. Just taking the top off will not work, they will still bust. But they are so great looking I love them-since someone stold my bird bath.

#5 ·
I LOVE that. Last summer (a year ago) I bought a plastic one at Kmart and planted flowers around it. Well it is in bad shape and needs to be replaced. That is the one I want to do!!! Thanks for sharing.

#6 ·
Thanks for the tip Jeanna!

I want to make one of these for my yard! Oh and I am wondering. Does anyone remember the teacup bird feeders?? I was wondering if anyone has tried them yet?? I want to make them but with a clay pot and saucer. If you have made the teacup bird feeders, do you have any tips that I can use while making it with the clay pot??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.