Coupon caddy bare
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Coupon caddy bare

My coupon caddy is bare. It almost echos.

It has
    * 1coupon for toothbrush cents off when you buy two ( no way to get free toothbrushes here anymore it seems except at the dentist lol)
    * kotex coupons ( one for every month 50 cents off) was in a planner that came with a box of pads back at the first of the year
    * $1 off my laundry detergent came in a box of the detergent
    * free kids cone from a fast food chain from the reading program at the library

That is all there is folks

There have not been many coupons available here
    small supply in the paper they have not been very good and expire very quickly.
    We have no blinkies and the stores do not take internet coupons (Well walmart does but makes a huge deal about it- to much fraud)

I see very few people using coupons at the store any more and if so it is a very limited amount.

How is it in your area and in your coupon caddy/notebook?
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Imagine - Wife of 20 years to Hubby
    Mom to Buddy (son 17) and Little Miss ( daughter 13)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ever since Extreme Couponing aired on TV it's getting close to impossible to get the deals. Especially since I couponed big time before. I got everything for cents on the dollar.
    I hear you about internet coupons. A lot of places won't take them or make too big a deal out of it. Calling the manager is now general practice to make sure they are OK. Printing out the coupons are not free!
    So my stockpile is dwindling and I have come to accept(not like) no more great deals!
    Wife
    Mother to 3 grown children
    Grandmother to 7 beautiful grandkids

DEBT FREE!
    (except for mortgage)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

same here..... I've almost **gasp** entirely given up on it. My family cannot believe it! We moved to an area with not much comptetion. The only drug store around is Walgreens, so no more "drug store game" for me ((boohoo... I miss you CVS)). I have changed my shopping strategy a bit. We have an Alidis here which is great for prices. I don't like all the packaged stuff they offer, but their prices on produce and dairy is "the bomb"....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine isn't any better than yours. We DO have the blinkies and I don't have the problem with internet coupons but it's still sad. I have a binder and there's not enough coupons to warrant carrying it around.
    I've seen a couple people with binders in Wal Mart and Publix and theirs were full. I wondered where they were getting them. They weren't mega shopping...just shopping normal.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon Sales Challenge/August
    $

Coupons for Year / $745.54

August/ Grocery
    /Goal $175.00 Total

Groceries for Year minus Jan & Feb
    $504.98

Eat Out No More Sept
    Goal 20
    Accomp/12

No Spend Challenge
    Goal 10
    Accomp/6

Change Jar 2014
    $

Christmas Fund 2014
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Even the same stores vary so much across the country. We had to purchase an air mattress a month ago in another state. At this particular walmart there were signs up all over stating that air mattresses were not returnable. So strange because where I live it would not have been an issue at all for me to return. At this same out of state area I tried to use some coupons and had a lot of challenges, where I live I do not. We live in an upper class area- our stores seem to take more of the "customer is always right" approach and not so much suspicion. I've noticed in some places people are so suspicious of the customer- maybe there is a need to be such a way in these areas. I don't know. But I was amazed at the difference in the approach to the customer. As for me, I have no problems using coupons and getting them to use as I can use internet coupons, but they do expire faster so often I don't get around to using them. And I buy less packaged foods these days so the number of coupons I can use is fewer. I do miss those days when I saved a ton, but actually don't do too badly shopping sales and sticking to what we need.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some states don't allow things like mattresses to be returned due to health codes. Maybe that's why they weren't returnable.

It sounds like it's a good thing we never used coupons much. We never really found much for things we typically buy anyway.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Anything you cannot relinquish when it has outlived its usefulness possesses you.” -Mildred Lisette Norman
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have been teaching a couponing class for the last 5 years and yes since that show started it's much harder to get things for free. IT's is still possible but takes some time. I have been using a binder for years and the ticket is to always be bringing in coupons. Hold onto them even if you don't need the item right now. You never know when it might be on clearance and your coupon makes it free. I buy bulk inserts when there are many coupons I can use. The last one I bought though was 3/25 smartsource. Since then I think the coupons have gone down in my area drastically. Does anyone swap coupons here? We have a group that is local and we have a spot at our library for this too. I'd be happy to send you an envelope of some of my extra's if you want. Pm me your address.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since I cook mostly from scratch I rarely find coupons that I can use. I have a Kroger Plus card AND I signed up online (giving them my address) and they mail be coupons (I think quarterly). These coupons are based on items I have purchased. So they are often for Kroger brand items (less expensive already than name brand), $ off meat and produce purchases, etc.
    House - Start $127,944 Balance $105,032

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by savvy_sniper View Post
    Since I cook mostly from scratch I rarely find coupons that I can use. I have a Kroger Plus card AND I signed up online (giving them my address) and they mail be coupons (I think quarterly). These coupons are based on items I have purchased. So they are often for Kroger brand items (less expensive already than name brand), $ off meat and produce purchases, etc.
    Ours use to send out coupons like that but I haven't seen any for quite a while, guess they stopped.
    "Everyday as your walking down the street, everybody that you meet has an original point of view" -Arthur PBS

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i think there are alot of coupons you can load on your card or even iphone type apps you can do so you dont have to print them but i dont have the time to find out - plan to one day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I threw out 2 gallon bags of expired coupons and called it quits.
    I agree that couponing show killed it.
    And we can't return swim suits,bedding out of the pkg.,mattresses,food or vaccumned cleaners.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by alicelases View Post
    Hi,If you have any solution for this coupon and any suggetion for for come back our money than please tell me i also have some expired coupon.
    Our military families are allowed to use expired coupons at least overseas. I don't have an address to send them to though.
    Wife
    Mother to 3 grown children
    Grandmother to 7 beautiful grandkids

DEBT FREE!
    (except for mortgage)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just saw a commercial I think for K-Mart. They will double coupons up to 1 dollar. The catch is you need to spend 25 dollars. My thoughts were, WHAT??!!! Hardly shop there but could not help think oh another gotcha moment.

Rarely use coupons anymore. Most of the food I make is scratch and I purchase mostly produce and meat. Do know there are peak times as far as coupons go.

The whole idea of matching coupons with sales and finding great buys just seems like a thing of the past for me. It was great fun and I felt like my time making a grocery list was very worth it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

coupon caddy is also bare the coupons have not been any good and have a shorter time for expiration.. been buying more on sale, more generics...

I am having a harder time feeding my family, stockpiling, and providing things for the home ( cleaning, hygiene, meds ect)
    am trying to re stragieze it is a process of learning a new way of doing things..

also trying more homemade items ( this week trying home made bathroom cleaner with vinegar and blue dawn and homemade bleach spray..)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    coupon caddy is also bare the coupons have not been any good and have a shorter time for expiration.. been buying more on sale, more generics...

I am having a harder time feeding my family, stockpiling, and providing things for the home ( cleaning, hygiene, meds ect)
    am trying to re stragieze it is a process of learning a new way of doing things..

also trying more homemade items ( this week trying home made bathroom cleaner with vinegar and blue dawn and homemade bleach spray..)
    Vinegar and bleach are said to make toxic gas and should not be mixed together..at least that is what I have always been told

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast