Need to dedicate back to coupons
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Need to dedicate back to coupons

I used to be excellent at couponing. I would sometimes only spend $25 a week and get all name brand food, meat and even produce. The last few months I have not had as much time to devote to couponing and I was using up our stockpile. I found that this past Sunday's insert was a great one for item's I do use and need soon. So I went ahead and bought 100 copies of it. The best part is my best friend will be coming over to help me clip them. In exchange I will share them with her. She knows the value on both ends so no complaining there. Plus I can literally do anything with her and it's a blast. I leave for vacation early Saturday morning but hope to receive these by Thursday and get organized before I leave. I guess I just need to write it down somewhere to hold myself accountable. I am also going to workon organizing my binder better. Does anyone else have a binder and if so what are all your categories?
    TOTAL DEBT REMAINING=0, Nada,Zilch and never ever again

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's funny! I did the same thing today, well not order copies, but refocus on coupons. I don't get many for food that we eat, but all my H&B and cleaners, I get coupons for. I stalked up last spring, and have barely used a coupon since. Notice some supplies dwindling, so it's time. But I'm going to see what I can find for more food items. DD13 and I went through my binder and recycled all the expired ones. I am expecting more in the mail soon
    Mom to 4 wonderful kiddos. Homeschooling mom
    • FFEF 2/6months
    • Retirement savings to start
    • Mortgage

DEBT, n. An ingenious substitute for the chain and whip of the slave driver.
    - Ambrose Bierce

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ARCMOMMY View Post
    I used to be excellent at couponing. I would sometimes only spend $25 a week and get all name brand food, meat and even produce. The last few months I have not had as much time to devote to couponing and I was using up our stockpile. I found that this past Sunday's insert was a great one for item's I do use and need soon. So I went ahead and bought 100 copies of it. The best part is my best friend will be coming over to help me clip them. In exchange I will share them with her. She knows the value on both ends so no complaining there. Plus I can literally do anything with her and it's a blast. I leave for vacation early Saturday morning but hope to receive these by Thursday and get organized before I leave. I guess I just need to write it down somewhere to hold myself accountable. I am also going to workon organizing my binder better. Does anyone else have a binder and if so what are all your categories?
    I faithfully coupon and yep...use a binder also. Last year I got a 4 inch zippered binder that I absolutely love! I divided my binder into all the categories I would need....such as Canned/Jarred goods, Breakfast/Cereal foods, Beverages, Baking/Fats/Oils, Prepackaged/Boxed goods, Snacks, Frozen goods, etc...That's just for the grocery section...I also have dividers for categories in HBA'S, Misc, Pet supplies, Cleaning, Laundry...you get the picture.
    Before I started using a binder, I would forget to get my coupons at home ,or would forget to use
    them at all. Keeping them in my binder and taking my binder with me every time I shop, keeps me a bit more organized..well, pertaining to couponing anyway...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have slacked off myself and just this weekend got myself back in the groove. DH and I ventured out Monday with coupons in hand and saved $$! It was so much fun and I wish I would have never slacked off, but I have had so many stressful things happen around me lately that I just couldn't focus on the coupons. Hopefully, I am back in the coupon game and will continue to save for the rest of the year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I coupon with a binder everytime I go to the store, never know what you may find at the stores. If I am going for specific items I put my coupons that I have specifically pull for that store in a mini accordion folder. I have been able to increase my stockpile with coupons. Plus the money saved, I use on things I can't get with coupons. I do have to admit that some stores are making it harder and harder to coupon.
    Jan

Married to hubby, Rick 35 years *Mom to 3 grown children
    Grannie to 6 boys
    Foster parent to 50+ kids and counting

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I use a binder also. Just reorganized from a divided box into the binder. I love it.

It's a zippered cloth 3 ring binder.
    Catagories include:
    *baking
    *breakfast
    *canned/boxed goods
    *beauty (shampoo/haircare)
    *beauty (dental)
    *beauty (shaving)
    *beauty (cosmetics/suncare)
    *condiments (pb, jelly, mayo, etc)
    *drinks
    *dairy
    *frozen foods
    *frozen desserts
    *health/meds
    *house (cleaning)
    *house (laundry/dishes)
    *house (paper products)
    *pet care
    *pasta/rice/breads
    *sweet snacks
    *salty snacks

I think that's it. Binder is in the car, so I'm going off the top of my head.
    Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Pets Die

married 19 yrs to my
    mom to big J (18)
    mom to little j (11)
    Zena Cherry Max Lilly Chianti

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had a whole room with my stockpile but as far as I am concerned the Extreme Couponing Show changed everything.
    I had my binder, printed off coupons from internet, and even bought coupons from people who ran the coupon buyers clubs. Policy changes on how many items you can buy and use of coupons. BOGO's are few and far between.
    Example. Rite Aid would have great sales. I had coupons. Now their prices are so high I can buy the same product in Target without my 20% with my rewards card for less. CVS the same!
    Very sad but nothing really good last forever.
    I still use coupons but nothing like I use too!
    Wife
    Mother to 3 grown children
    Grandmother to 7 beautiful grandkids

DEBT FREE!
    (except for mortgage)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm with so many of you. used to coupon alot.... still do some, but agreed, the Extreme Coupon show did really put a damper on all the deals. But I've been doing this for a LONG time. The 90s were great with high dollar coupons, doubles, and rebates. Then it kinda died down again, the 'net found a new generation of couponers and a new style, which has been great.... but, sadly, I see it losing momentum as well. It will cycle back up again, it always does. Just stay connected, do what you can, and be patient.

In answer to your question about the a binder, I've done it all. I use a binder right, though I may go back to my trusty coupon box. Here's a great link for binder catagores, not only that, you can print them out and you are good to go!

(not my site, but I use the info!)

How to start your coupon binder (this one’s for you, Kathie Lee) | | The Krazy Coupon LadyThe Krazy Coupon Lady
    :

Traci

dh 20 years
    ds 14 ~ Russia
    ds 14 ~ Russia
    dd 6 ~ China

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Update. So I got my order of 100 inserts yesterday. My best friend came over and helped me sort and clip them all. In exchange i gave her half of whatever one's she wanted. Worked out great for both of us. It took us an hour and a half. Not bad in my opinion. Then I hit up 2 different cvs stores, 1 rite aid and 1 dollar general. I spent $80.02 and saved $310 and came for with $40 in gas cards too. All and all I think it was a great start. We leave for vacation Saturday however I plan to keep it up and not drop the ball again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agreed with everybody. My couponing has slowed up. Even the Sunday papers have gone up in price. And dollar value of the coupons have gone down. Extreme couponing has hurt the average couponer. I still coupon and get several papers on Sunday, but I am spending more at one particular store-Walgreens-where I get the most bang for my buck. Where I live, I do not have the abundance of stores to choose from.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I need to get into this. With our large family every dollar saved helps out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I, too , just cleaned out my stash. I am going to do a small run today, but have changed my habits GREATLY! I just went through my pantry and realized I "bought" a bunch of food (it was actually pennies or free with coupons) and ended throwing it away, please don't judge! It was waaaaaay past expiration and would probably have harmed someone if they consumed it. Now coupons are for food items we will use with our new eating habits and HBA.
    BS2 ~ #1 CC ($10000.00) and car loan ($2000.00)
    Purging ~ 764/2014
    March Challenges
    Water 32 /2790 oz.
    Workout 0 / 15 days

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i use to order from a guy on ebay but cant find him anymore....how do you get your inserts in that amount...You can pm if you want...I need to get back into this too...as my job is very stressful....i have reduced hours this summer working for someone amazing but if when fall comes they put me back in the room i was last year with the lady from hell...I have told dh morally and ethically i cannot work for her......so i need to start stockpiling galore....
    2012 Goals

Credit card: $917.00/ 937.00

Room Downstair semi completion: $900

Countertop: $400

Deck $750

Bedroom revamp: $400

2 replacement windows $400-$500

intex swimming pool for the kids

get dh to build daughter a chicken coop

Health Challenge 0/20 lbs

no spend days 0/209

grocery reduction 27.76/$300

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy from wholecouponinserts.com and I think they are very fair and fast. I did upgrade to a bigger binder last week and now I seem to be more organized. I have not bought any in bul in a few weeks but I am sure I will in a few weeks. I was aiming for a no spend month for September s I might just dumpster dive for some free coupons instead. Lol! My local store is giant eagle and they double up to .99 so I just need to focus on that store for the month of sept. I tend to spend more when I try to shop at a few locations.