Kroger Nashville ends double coupons and senior discounts
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Kroger Nashville ends double coupons and senior discounts

"The double whammy changes, announced Wednesday, will be effective March 15 in all Kroger stores in the Nashville region, which includes 96 stores in Middle and East Tennessee, Southern Kentucky and Northern Alabama, according to Kroger spokeswoman Melissa Eads."

Kroger Nashville ends double coupons and senior discounts
    Come on people now
    Smile on your brother
    Everybody get together
    Try to love one another
    Right now ~The Youngbloods

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes you just might find
    You get what you need ~Rolling Stones

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We lost it either last year or the year before. It is devastating. They moved the clearance up front so there is much less there. Luckily we do the gas points. And can get good deal on the prescriptions w/ the pharmacy there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

do you think it was the "extreme couponers" that did them in?
    Make America Kind Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't had double coupons at Kroger in at least a couple of years. No idea about the senior discounts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

J-absolutely. Like the kid that spoils a secret birthday party. A few minutes of "fame" and a few bucks i imagine. Manufacturers responded and so did the retailers. I had a binder and sale always tipped it over w/ doubling. Not worth buying the paper for inserts either because the kinds of coupons suck. Luckily for me my need went down the last 3 years every year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We don't have Krogers here but daughter lives close to Nashville and did work there. She's not a couponer nor senior. What I find sad about it is the states listed in the article are poor... some of the poorest... and needed the senior discount and coupons. Especially the discount. All about the bottom line.
    Krogers gets the money back from the coupon itself plus handling fee but the doubled half is on them. I can see both sides.
    As for the extreme couponers I have mixed feelings on that. I belong to quite a few coupons groups on FB. I don't think it's quite so much.. some maybe... of "extreme" HONEST extreme couponers as those that find every way to cheat the system. For example... Walfart... some Procter and Gamble coupons will say and show for say Tide or Gain... but the scan bar code will work for other P & G products NOT Tide or Gain. Like a dish detergent it will work on. They usually use the self checkout.
    It's a mix of several things bringing an end to a good thing.
    I hate that it's the poorest of states getting the brunt of the shaft though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

From the article: "The trade-off, Eads says, is that Kroger has reset its price structure to offer lower everyday prices on "thousands of items" so that all customers get the savings break, instead of just seniors and avid couponers."

So instead of having only some of the items cheaper through coupons, or a discounted day for seniors, everything is supposedly cheaper. For everyone. All the time. If true, that's a far better trade-off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
    From the article: "The trade-off, Eads says, is that Kroger has reset its price structure to offer lower everyday prices on "thousands of items" so that all customers get the savings break, instead of just seniors and avid couponers."

So instead of having only some of the items cheaper through coupons, or a discounted day for seniors, everything is supposedly cheaper. For everyone. All the time. If true, that's a far better trade-off.
    Oh I'd totally agree with that but I've heard that before and went looking for those "thousands of items" that were made cheaper. Psst!!! A penny here .. two cents there. You'd have to BUY a thousand items to save a couple bucks. I know my prices at most of the stores here and I call BS on "thousands of products". Saving 2 cents on a can of Glade or 3 cents on a pack of sponges doesn't do crap. THAT'S the kind of stuff they lower prices on .. not food. But enough sponges, Glade, kitchen gloves... enough of that kind of crap and they can honestly say they've lowered a ton of prices.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge/ June
    $16.14

Grocery Challenge/June
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.57

Eat Out No More June
    Goal 20
    Accomp/18

No Spend Challenge June
    Goal 12
    Accomp/8

Change Jar 2017
    $

Christmas Fund 2017
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

10. Similar Threads

1. Replies: 9
      Last Post: 05-05-2013, 08:02 PM
    2. Replies: 13
      Last Post: 09-24-2011, 07:19 PM
    3. Senior discounts to take advantage of
      By ladytoysdream in forum Frugal Living
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 03-12-2009, 02:17 PM
    4. Kroger double couponing
      By NoDebtMom in forum Drugstore and Grocery store deals and Product Reviews
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 03-05-2007, 11:54 PM
    5. Kroger Double coupons
      By MANDERS in forum Frugal Living
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 02-08-2003, 05:56 PM