Frugal Village Forums banner

need father's day crafts for girl scouts

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  pita1213 
#1 ·
i'm trying to get ideas together for father's day crafts. some how i got put in charge of the father's day craft this year. we have about 40 minutes to do the craft so there can't be much drying time involved. and it can't be too complicated because this is for a brownie troop of 13 girls. brownies are teh 1st-3rd grade aged girls.

i've done some google searches, but a lot of the projects are either cost prohibitive or take more time than we have. and there were some that were just too junky. we'd like something that the dads would like, but wouldn't end up being just more clutter.

any ideas would be welcome
THANKS

#2 ·
My daughter made a bead key chain for my husband last year. It was really just an inch and a half of twine with a few colored beads on it with a key ring (which are fairly inexpensive at crafts stores and home depot.

It's still the only key chain he has on his keys. :)

#3 ·
Just a thought*** How far in advance will they be doing this craft?? Maybe there is some type of a main dish they can put together to cook dad on fathers day?? I know there is a lasnga (sp) one that you don't need to cook the noodles and you can pre cook the meat and the girls can layer it themselves it can be frozen and I am sure there are several of these meals in advance that could be done,and put in the freezer and dad has his fathers day meal. Then they can take 5 min. and make a card, grant you some of these girls will be done with the card in two and some longer, but just an idea and it would help on one of their try-Its too.

#4 ·
Perhaps making home made trail mix. Use raisins, nuts, cereal, other dried fruits, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, M&Ms, or what you have on hand, and then each child can mix her own. They can each bring a container and decorate the container, or provide containers. from a dollar store and then decorate them. Or use ziploc baggies. Might be something to work with! Have fun!

#5 ·
we're doing this at our real meeting on may 17th. we're having a cook out in june but we aren't doing a father's day dinner like we're doing for mother's day, so making them a meal wouldn't work out. but something to rememberfor next year for the older girls that will be juniors next year.

the keychains and snack mix sound like things all of our girls could do. thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.