For Creative Cooking Put Unused Appliances to Work
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default For Creative Cooking Put Unused Appliances to Work

These hints are from AOL :pencil: I thought some were really good ideas. Some were hints a lot a people may already use. I really like the idea of making grilled cheese with the waffle maker

If you have hints please add your own.

New Uses for Your Waffle Iron
    Make grilled cheese sandwiches

New Uses for Your Ice Cream Maker
    Make Cola Slushies-Set up the machine according to the manufacturer's directions. Pour in one 12-ounce can of cola and start the machine. When a thick slush has formed (after 10 to 15 minutes), scoop it into 2 glasses and serve.

Other Uses
    Make margaritas by pouring all the ingredients except the alcohol into the ice cream maker. When the liquid has frozen, add the tequila and triple sec.

To make a frozen lime rickey, pour 6 ounces of seltzer, 1 ounce of simple syrup (made by dissolving 2 parts sugar in 1 part boiling water), and 1 ounce of lime juice into the machine. Let freeze for 15 to 20 minutes.

For frozen hot chocolate, prepare instant hot chocolate according to the package directions, then pour it into the machine and freeze for about 20 minutes.

New Uses for Your Rice Cooker
    Use cooker to make hot cereal that's smoother and creamier than the stovetop version. It takes twice as long, but the no-stirring method frees you to attend to other things in the morning -- like simultaneously packing lunches, reading the newspaper, and feeding the dog.

New Uses for Your Crock-Pot
    Use it to bake a moist, light cake you serve in a bowl.
    Crock-Pot Cake
    Prepare cake-mix batter according to the package directions. Coat the bottom and sides of the pot with vegetable cooking spray, then pour in the batter. Cook on the low setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. When a toothpick stuck in the center of the cake comes out clean, it's done. Let the cake cool for 30 minutes or until the center is set. Serve it warm or at room temperature, spooned into bowls, drizzled with chocolate sauce, and topped with whipped cream.

Other Uses
    Wrap marinated chicken or vegetables in parchment paper, and cook in the pot until done (the timing will depend on the food's size).

Use the pot to make hot beverages, such as mulled cider, and keep them hot during a party.

Serve cheese fondue from your Crock-Pot, kept on a low setting.

New Uses for Your Milk-Shake Machine
    Makes a perfect vinaigrette.

Crack eggs straight into the cup and spin for fluffier omelets.

This may be the oddest hint

New Uses for Your Pasta Maker
    A pasta maker shreds paper without a hitch or a whine -- unlike a regular shredder, which can be louder than a jet on takeoff. Assuming you're pretty much done with the fantasy that you'll one day make your own pasta, just like Marcella Hazan (because shredding paper will probably wear the blades down over time), you can shred mundane things like bills and bank statements to help protect yourself from identity theft. Or try shredding tissue paper and wrapping-paper scraps, then use the shreds to pad gifts or cushion cookies. (Choose the spaghetti setting for delicate fluff, the fettuccine setting for wider strips.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for those...as for my tip (& not quite what your looking for) I can't get my Kitchen-aid mixer out of my head. Did you know you can make your own softened margarine by whipping up a couple sticks(add a drop or 2 of water) & store in a container?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Darlene,

Thanks. I did not know I could do this with water. I bought a soft margarine spread a couple of weeks ago, don't like it and it does not melt properly I will try your method.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also make my french toast in my waffle maker.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by marei
    I also make my french toast in my waffle maker.
    You do? What a good idea, it has nooks and crannys's(sp?) for the syrup. That's a winner LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

New Uses for Your Waffle Iron
    Make grilled cheese sandwiches

Whay a great idea for when you don't want to heat the kichen.