All crock pots the same?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have three of different sizes. I started out with a fairly large Rival that my mom got me. Then I bought a small on from Walgreens to make dried beans in. I just got a medium sized one from a thrift store. I think it is by Rival too. They all have removable pots which is a must. I left my little one behind when I got divorced because I hated cleaning it. I need to start using them more. It would be very convenient. I get nervous having something cooking when I am not home though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was gifted one that came with three sizes of pots and thus your choice of cooking times too - I love it!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so glad this discussion came up - I need a new crock pot and haven't really researched them yet. I need a medium sized, which I believe is 2 quart, right? I also don't want anything with Teflon - been reading too many bad things about how it leaches. But I don't want one that's super heavy. The pot definitely has to be removable and I'd love it if you could set the hours to how long it would cook.

Mine is REALLY old and it only heats from the bottom and there's no timer.

I see that someone recommended the crockpot brand at Walmart - wondering how heavy the pan was? Mine is a steel pan with teflon lining - like the lightweight steel but hate the teflon which is now peeling.

I'd like to let my family know because they're always looking for ideas for what to get me for Xmas - then my birthday is not far off after that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is what I have and it's GREAT! I really like that it has a built-in timer. I also have the mini-mini one which is really just a dip or chocolate/ cheese fondue warmer.

The above one is BIG and I want to get another that is more suitable for serving sizes for 2 or 3 people max>> what quart size do you all recommend that meets those req?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think that Walmart is having one on sale now - am going to pick one up for a friend because she cracked the ceramic liner on the one that I had given her.
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maui, Target is having $3 appliances on black Friday. Maybe you can buy the black friday sales over the computer and then pick it up at the store like wal-mart?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12