I'm frustrated!!!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Unhappy I'm frustrated!!!

I've been trying to buy a copy of the Financial Peace University Home Study Kit. I'm Canadian. When I go on e-bay or amazon, the kits are shipped to the U.S. only. I tried phoning the on-line store...which only ships to the U.S... and keep getting their answering machine. No one is answering. What gives?!

So how do I get a copy of this material legally folks? I'm really after the DVDs and the workbook for the course. I'll settle for the DVDs. I notice they are available as 'bit torrents', which I think is illegal pirating of the material. I'd really like to stay on the good side of the law!!!

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Could someone here buy it for you and send it? I don't know much about mail to Canada, but I don't think there is much in the way of restrictions.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DH says he's going to do a detailed on-line search this weekend and see what he can come up with.

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have you emailed the Lamp group and asked?
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Jean,

I found this on Dave's FAQs on his site.

"International Shipments

We do not currently ship internationally from the online store, but we are researching future solutions for our international customers. If you do have a U. S. Compatible debit card, we would recommend our downloadable products found here - no shipping charges, no customs fee, no waiting. "

Maybe the best option would have a friend in the U.S. order and send on to you? Seems like a pain to have to go thru such hoops.
    McD
    -wife to Z
    -mommy to Dubya & Moo Cow

Blog: http://familystylemayhem.com/

My Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicd...view=thumbnail

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No Greebo, I haven't emailed them yet. But I'm afraid Nichole has the answer. I don't have a U.S. debit card. Our debit cards up here work differently. They aren't used quite like yours in the U.S. I think I'm stuck until they figure out how to do this.

The kids were over yesterday and just lapping up the DR stuff. I think they're hooked. I showed them the baby steps we have posted on the fridge. And explained how we worked the system and where we were with it. My SIL just lapped up the visuals. The library materials I have out are due back though, so I don't know how I'm going to finish the program. I'm thinking I may be able to buy the books on-line separately...just not the DVDs...sigh...

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peanut:

If you wish, we will be happy to receive the material for you and send it on. All you need to do is pay the extra shipping. PM to coordinate if interested.

G
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the offer Greebo. We sent the email today. I'll let you know what happens.

Jean