Quick update

Thread: Quick update

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Quick update

Very quick! We get the moving truck at 7am tomorrow, load up, and then move early Sunday morning to MN. Husband ended up losing his job over the move, but we are both OK with that. We knew it was stressful for him anyway (see my post earlier). Yeah, it seems kind of dumb, but we feel called to MN to be with family (we have no family where we are now). He is very excited to work on some projects on his own, maybe even start up a new side business (but this time perhaps make it his business?). We are basically starting over. House is sold, no job, just move up there, live with my grandparents for a while until we get on our feet up there (yes, he's looking for a regular job, too, in the interim), except that we have furniture and kids. LOL We are very excited to have no house payment, and minimal rent at my grandparents (they are the most giving people you could ever hope to meet, seriously! They will try to not charge us anything, but you can't let 2 people on Social Security support 6 extra people!!! We WILL be paying them.) We have a good-sized EF for the time being, so that should last us a few months, plus we have money from the sale of our house coming, plus our tax rebate. So we should be OK.
    Sara

Baby Step 1: DONE!!!
    Baby Step 2: DONE!!!
    Baby Step 3: $5,551.53/$17,000 goal (6 months)
    Baby Step 4: Invest 15% of income into retirement
    Baby Step 5: College funding for 4 kids
    Baby Step 6: Pay off mtg
    Baby Step 7: Build Wealth and Give!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good luck to you on your new journey!! We'll be waiting to hear how you're doing!!
    No spend days: J 9/16
    Monthly exercise: J 165/930
    Monthly savings: J-202, F-186,M-170,A-154, M-137, J-118, J-102, A-86, S-70, O-54, N-38, D-28

“Decluttering isn't just simplifying your life. It's having a vision, setting new priorities and using those notions to get rid of obstacles.”
    — Peter Walsh

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Finally got back on here! LOL It actually ended up taking 2 trips, the first with a 26' truck, the 2nd with a 17' truck. Plus the minivan both times. I know, we have a lot of "stuff." But the house sold so fast, I didn't have time to go through it like I had planned. Oh-well. That's what we get to do now, I guess.

My dh is looking for a job now. He had a meeting with a tech staffing agency this morning, and there are a few positions he would fit nicely. He also has LOTS of leads to follow-up on. We are optimistic that he will find a job pretty quickly. Once that happens, we can finally look for a house of our own and get out my grandparents' way. Hee, hee!

So that's it in a nutshell! We have boxes stored at my aunt's house, furniture at my dad's house, and lots of stuff here, too. Fun to sort through... Can you sense my excitement? Ha!
    Sara

Baby Step 1: DONE!!!
    Baby Step 2: DONE!!!
    Baby Step 3: $5,551.53/$17,000 goal (6 months)
    Baby Step 4: Invest 15% of income into retirement
    Baby Step 5: College funding for 4 kids
    Baby Step 6: Pay off mtg
    Baby Step 7: Build Wealth and Give!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow big life change! Hang in there! Glad the grandparents could help out, it takes a village sometimes. Maybe as you are sorting you will find things to sell for some quick starter-money to hold off spending from the EF a bit.
    "If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and light it yourself."

Car loan (ugh, again!)
    Husband's debt to work on, mine is gone except car loan. w00t!

Yah, I suck at this money stuff, I know. That's why I'm here.