The 11/11/11 Project - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a full fledged nerd now- love my calculator, budget sheets and 'pay it down' notebook tracking our extra payments. I agree, once you're on a budget and get used to it (the first few months can be tough, settling into it), it feels amazing how much $ you have.....or maybe it's just the pressure off 'winging it' week to week and crossing our fingers we had enough for the mortgage or electric bill or whatever. We always did, one way or another, but now I just plain feel GREAT knowing if it's the 3rd week of the month, we have 3/4 of our mortgage already socked aside.It's not an real increase in $, of course, but an increased awareness of what goes where and when what's due!

Kill the mortgage! Goal: 12/2023 Left to go: $140,160.33 Extra paid: 2012- $4408.03 2013-$5396.21+ $400 extra towards escrow
    2014-$3168.76

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs up I would like to join with you, too!

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Mr Mom and Lady V November is OUR month. Let's join forces and get this done. If there's anybody else out there who would like to join us you are more than welcome.
    I started working DR's plan in May of 2008 and had hoped to be completelly debt free by the end of the year. So, I would like to join you in the 11/11/11 Project---great idea!!!

I have about $9K left on my snowball which means about $1290 a month toward debt---that's scary!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great to have you join us Eskielover! You can do it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are still in on this too, started in feb and have almost 8 grand paid off so far.... trying to meet or beat that 11/11/11 date for our consumer debt (about 6500 left), and our car too if we can swing it (about 8200 left).

Bill

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great to see you Bill and hear about those debts diminishing, 8 grand paid off is fab, well done!!!

We are onto our second largest debt and throwing everything we have at it. Keep thinking of the end goal, can't wait for that feeling of being consumer debt free, it's been so long!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

the extra $85 went to formula, can't figure it out. I pay more for formula that I do food for the other three of us. May is looking really tight! I got the dr. bills for this month today. I went ahead and paid off the smallest ($50) and paid $25 toward the largest. I hope to make extra electronic payments later on during the month.

bill #1 $1625 left
    bill#2 $910 left
    bill #3 paid in full
    TOTAL LEFT TO PAY:$2535

PS also paid off my sister $100 I owed her.
    2015 goals
    1) get EF back to $2000
    2) new cell phone $200
    3) newer car $6000
    4) house repairs on current house $3000
    5) down payment $10,000 [/FONT]
    PROGRESS
    1) $800 of $2000
    2) 0 of 200 3) 0 of 6000 4) 0 of 3000 5) 0 of 10000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

qsaver May is going to be tight in our house too. Yeah for getting rid of one doctor's bill!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got a tax refund today and I sent $4621 to pay off our car loan. New goal for 11/11/11 is to reduce consumer debt below 25K. It doesn't seem like much, but our budget is pretty tight.
    Starting Fresh and Not Kicking Myself

beginning of 2013 - Total debt 166712.68

October 4 - total debt 162610.11

difference of 4102.57

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We got another unexpected check in the mail for $88.51. Right now our budget is $80 short, so it is going to just keep us floating. I do have $130 worth of payments for debts scheduled, but hope to cut enough to get at least the extra $88 to the debt. I also got a bill for my son's yearly check up. It wasn't but $20 so I paid it off, but that took away from my debt repayment. Can't seem to get ahead... but trying and being encouraged by you guys!
    2015 goals
    1) get EF back to $2000
    2) new cell phone $200
    3) newer car $6000
    4) house repairs on current house $3000
    5) down payment $10,000 [/FONT]
    PROGRESS
    1) $800 of $2000
    2) 0 of 200 3) 0 of 6000 4) 0 of 3000 5) 0 of 10000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Big congrats mom3three for paying off the car loan - WTG!!!!! I think it's great to have a goal amount to have paid off by a certain time and once you achieve that you can reset that goal to a lower amount.

qsaver always nice to get some unexpected money and especially good if you need it to plug up some holes. Every little bit of debt reduction helps and will add up over time. Keep your spirits up.

Payday for me here so more debt payments happening - yeah! My envelopes were a disaster in April, I think I borrowed from all of them to pay various bits and pieces and I finished the month with $2 in my wallet! I suppose at least it wasn't a debit. Not beating myself up too much, I will keep adjusting the amounts each month until I get it right. My grocery budget went way over last month so I'm making some changes there too and am planning to stay on budget this month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Payday for me here so more debt payments happening - yeah! My envelopes were a disaster in April, I think I borrowed from all of them to pay various bits and pieces and I finished the month with $2 in my wallet! I suppose at least it wasn't a debit. Not beating myself up too much, I will keep adjusting the amounts each month until I get it right. My grocery budget went way over last month so I'm making some changes there too and am planning to stay on budget this month.
    Mango, today was payday for me also. I think I had a few more dollars in my pocket than you, but I agree that April was tough---I spent way more on food this month than I'd budgeted.

I'm not putting anything on debt though. I'd made a commitment to hire a painter to finish my house and I'm stockpiling money to pay him with cash. He's painting at the end of May. Afterwards, every extra penney will go toward the debt....I'm getting so close to freedom that I can hardly contain myself!!

Eskielover

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah eskie! It's such a better idea to save up to pay the painter cash, no debt and your house will look fab to boot! We've decided no more renovations around the house that aren't fully cash funded (the majority of our remaining debt is renovation debt from last year).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just saw this and that is a great idea. I will still have to work hard to hit it but, If I do not count real estate debt I will hopefully be cc and other debt free.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great to have you join us frugal fannie! You can do this!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would love to tag along with you guys if you don't mind?! I don't have any debt except the house so I can't pay off something by 11/11/11 HOWEVER I love to set goals and need to come up with something to do for 11/11/11. I'm thinking maybe save a certain amount of money? Put a certain amount in my roth by then? (I just opened my first one in April so it would be getting ahead for this year!!) I have $400 for my roth in my monthly budget but if I have extra at the end of the year I can always put it in my 401k, right? I'll see..... and keep you posted on what I decide

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast