Frugal Village Forums banner

The 12/12/12 project!

Tags
project
58K views 809 replies 76 participants last post by  Ponderer 
#1 ·
They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery...

so The 12/12/12 project is officially up and running!!!

As of now my goal is to have all of my consumer credit and debt paid off by 12/12/12.

For me this translates into paying off what currently stands at $13,401.85 of debt, from 2 credit cards and 2 loans.

I am hoping for some company along the way so to one and all (whatever your goal may be)....jump on in and let's do this together!!!!

:welcome:

#276 ·
Paid the property taxes of $2000+ Tuesday. Paid $640 toward the roofing and medical today<--Wanted this to be $1000+ but need to hold back a few bucks in case my DS19 needs help with his car this month.

Good News! The end is in sight; should still be able to meet our goal of 3/15! Even if we need to help our son, I expect to be able to finish off the debt by 3/31 - wooo hooo.

#277 ·
I paid another $313 towards my debts today. I'll be putting another $450 toward it when my income return is deposited!

#281 ·
Just sent another $56 to the credit card!

#282 ·
I see all of our posts....some for a large chunk of money all at once and some for a few dollars here and there, and I see the same thing in all of them...

Chip Chip Chippin Away!! Yay for us....keep at it gang!:grouphug:

#283 ·
So, i reworked my snowball chart as i was able to put a large chunk on mastercard, putting our consumer debt payoff from December 2012 to July 2012!!!! Then, we will only have cars & house! So, starting in July, i'll be able to roll $1265 a month into the Honda! Yippee! I will call tomorrow to see exact balance on that car and from that, can figure out how much i can do by 12/12/12.
After thatz done i get to pay $1750 a month towards my Nissan! Yahoo! I never thoight i'd be so excited to pay off debt, but i can't wait until our money is ours instead of all going to creditors.

#284 ·
Wow...a 5 month reduction is a nice jump. Good for you!!!

Reactions: Natalia
#285 ·
I owe almost exactly 10,000 on the Honda, so by December 12 i should have it down to only $3145!

And, i am expecting/ hoping for another chunk from the government ( backpay from recent dx of childs disability)... They take a long time to process, but when that comes through it looks like the blueberry will be paid off in July!! Then to tackle the Nissan.

With the money, and money coming from tax refund of dh, i have allotted $3500 for vacay winter 2013
$3000 new upstairs window completion
$200 digital piano for ds so i dont have to rent one at 50$ a month ( i know renting is stupid but we didnt know if he would like piano or quit so i decided to rent for 2 months. Theres no contract n we can even get partial month back)
$700 to fix front bumper on altima
All the rest? HONDA gets it. Should be over 8k.

Do you think this is stupid? I know its not 100% in line with DR but weve done a massive acceleration and i would NOT put a dime of money into any of the above until/ unless the Master ard and LOC were at zero (so only car and house left). And we have a thought out plan. The old us wouldve eaten out a lot, shopped our asses off and wonder where the money went. Lol.

#286 ·
Natalia I think it is a great plan. You are paying off debt at a fast rate but you still have to pay for things that come up too.

We are following DR too but have modified things abit also. You just do what works best for you and your family.

Reactions: Natalia
#287 ·
Dh got paid from his 2nd job today and we took $50 of it for gas and put the other $600 onto the credit card. I had budgetted everything out and the furnace was paid off a month ahead of schedule, the credit card was supposed to be paid off by the end of April. But the way things are going with finding little bits extra everywhere it looks like we will have the card paid off by the end of February or middle of March. That will put us another 2 weeks to a month ahead of schedule. I am so excited and my husband is starting to get really excited too.

#289 ·
I have paid off 2 dr. bills, and settled with another CC company. Total debt paid so far:

$2070.91!!!

$25,435.51 left (not including student loans or the Mortgage)

On a good note, we will be paying off more debt in the middle of the month, but we need to wait for our tax refunds. Then we can kick some more out!!!!

#291 ·
I got paid $100 for babysitting today and was going to put it on on the credit card, but then I got a phone call from dh he had gotten pulled over for speeding and the ticket was $103.

It really ticked me off and then I just decided to focus on the fact that at least we have the money to pay it off. One of his friends is selling his vehicle because he can't insure it because of his unpaid tickets. At least this is dh first ticket and considering how upset he was about it, I think he will be doing his best to make it his last.

#294 ·
Danni, I feel your pain.

My otherwise responsible husband is known for getting tickets - seat belt violations, parking tickets, etc. Last week we were pulled over for speeding (I was sleeping and not paying attention), but the cop was nice and gave us a parking ticket instead. (Haha maybe because he could hear us fighting and felt bad for DH!)

It is just SO frustrating when you are so focused but he keeps getting hit with stupid tax!!

Reactions: danni
#292 ·
Have been lurking and would love to join everyone:)

Total debt = $23,723.32

Jan = Minivan $8441.32, CC $15282
Feb =
Mar =
Apr =
May =
Jun =
Jul =
Aug =
Sept =
Oct =
Nov =
Dec =

Wish me luck!!!!

#293 ·
pcaltman.....welcome and I most definitely wish you luck!

Is your goal to have everything paid by 12/12/12 or a portion or ?

#297 ·
Made a lump payment today of $1,785, comprised mostly of my tax return.

My second round of payments later this month will be about $1285, making February a very productive month for me!

I am hoping to be debt free in November, but will still give myself til 12/12/12 if needed.

#298 ·
DH got his first paycheck yesterday! Exciting!
Predicting a large snowball this month. Can't wait!

#299 ·
the first half of the month is so hard, waiting, waiting, waiting to be able to get money to pay down the debt...

this month we have ds2's birthday, dads birthday, and valentines day but we are still within our spending plan and cashflowing everything.

#301 ·
I hate waiting too! Sometimes I want to send snowball payments weekly, but that would just create even more work. I already spend enough time on the budget!

#302 ·
I am trying to get the CC paid off by Sept and the Van paid off by next April. Every cent will go to debt, but my DH's company just reduced everybodies pay by 20%, my oldest is going to college in the fall, surgery for my new puppy:( and I have disable parents that we are helping and have to move them this year. Still loving the idea of being debt free by April or sooner:)

#303 ·
I hear y'all on the waiting game. I cannot wait until our debt-free date in March! Just found out we are expecting a sizable refund and an unexpected amended return will net a whole bunch more! I see a very bright light at the end of this tunnel!! I updated my signature - 12/12/12 means a whole lot more every day!! It looks like we'll be zooming through the steps on our way to paying down our mortgage by this time next year :fdance:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.