The 12/12/12 project! - Page 34
Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 243132333435363744 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would like to join on in to the 12/12/12 challenge. I have my goals set for each month this year however I feel the need to change them since finding this forum. I have cut back before to make ends meet and now this year I plan to get back into this mood and bee even mre frugal than I normally am. I have started to make more things from scratch and that really helps out so much. I would like to revise my debt pay off this weekend. I am hoping to change a few things around and pay about $3500 more than I had planned when I budgeted the year in January. Hopefully even more than that if I can really work at it this summer. I will update on Monday Keep it up everyone! I love reading about eveyone's progress.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent WAY too much money at the homeschool convention this weekend. A little bit of buyer remorse, but on the plus side, most of my buying is done for the year. So instead of spreading it out, I mostly bought it all in one fell swoop. Good thing we had a tax refund not too long ago, so I could fund it!

Alright, now back to saving money again.
    Sara

Baby Step 1: DONE!!!
    Baby Step 2: DONE!!!
    Baby Step 3: $5,551.53/$17,000 goal (6 months)
    Baby Step 4: Invest 15% of income into retirement
    Baby Step 5: College funding for 4 kids
    Baby Step 6: Pay off mtg
    Baby Step 7: Build Wealth and Give!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Balancing my accounts and realizing that I forgot to write down two gas charges in March. Sigh. Gas is killing my budget.

We overspent by $100 the last two months.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

gmarie-I want to take the kids on a Disney cruise

How do I figure out how much to put in the college fund? Do I start 2 separate funds for each kid or should I just do one account that I dole out the money to them in the future?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nkochrn View Post
    gmarie-I want to take the kids on a Disney cruise

How do I figure out how much to put in the college fund? Do I start 2 separate funds for each kid or should I just do one account that I dole out the money to them in the future?
    I'm sure the kids will love it! Being debt free and paying cash for a vacation means zero guilt! Have fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yesterday I received a $250 bonus (and a very nice thank you card for my hard work!) and so my overtime officially ended for the year.

I was initially tempted to spend the unexpected money, but put it in the budget as soon as I came home. Not spending it!

I have no idea how to relax; I need get organized with the other work I have been neglecting, but to need to increase my income starting now!

Although we are short for our August goal, last night I changed the titles in our 12 month budget to reflect BS3 starting in September, and BS3-b in November. It is so cool to be planning for house savings this year!

I just need to focus on how we are going to come up with the additional 5-6k we need for Aug. It has to be side jobs, or seasonal work, because my hours at my other job pick up from Sept-Nov and I am looking at 80 hour weeks between the two.

I do have a massage schedule for Thurs. It was a gift certificate from Christmas that I have been saving for this week!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just checking in today. Well be able to post updates tomorrow when the Van payment goes through
    Baby Step #1 - Done!!!!
    Baby Step #2 - Working on it (see below)
    Baby Step #3 - $6092.77/$20,000
    Baby Step #4 - 2%
    Baby Step #5 - 4 kids Paying cash Son#1=1st payment year#3, Son#2=Fall paid in full
    Baby Step #6 -
    Baby Step #7 -

401k Loan = $22119.98/$34000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My update: I was able to add an additional $200 today to wells fargo due to me forgetting I had additional children this week at the daycare. I have my daughter's kindergarten fair tonight and am going to stop at the store. I hope this fair does not lead to me spending more money. I'm only taking $10.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mateosbaby View Post
    Spent WAY too much money at the homeschool convention this weekend. A little bit of buyer remorse, but on the plus side, most of my buying is done for the year. So instead of spreading it out, I mostly bought it all in one fell swoop. Good thing we had a tax refund not too long ago, so I could fund it!

Alright, now back to saving money again.
    Mateosbaby, I remember those days well. Unfortunately, I usually "paid later" with a CC---at least you had the cash. I always loved going to a convention as they had so many new or hard to find teaching aids available. I sometimes went overboard.

Eskielover

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderer View Post
    I am really struggling right now with this hard and fast 12/12/12 in my head. Between my recent cat-tastrophe to the tune of $1000 and the fact that I have been living so amazingly bare bones for awhile now...I am just not sure I can do this anymore.

Part of me really wants to be debt free by 12/12/12 but another part of me is feeling like it is not realistic. I have absolutely no blow money. I buy nothing but groceries, paper products and pet food. I am a single income household making $63,000 annually and based on the fact that I have paid off over $12,000 since 11/11/11, while carrying a $1512.33 mortgage payment monthly, shows that there has not been much play money.

Maybe this will pass but part of me is trying really really hard to talk myself into loosening up the purse strings a bit. The other part of me really really wants to accomplish this goal by 12/12/12. Not sure if I need permission to let go a bit or a swift kick in the rear but at the very least, I obviously needed to vent a bit. ARGHHHH!!!!!!

Ponderer, Maybe it is spring fever, but you have made crazy-awesome progress and I would hate to see you cut back too much now. Don't let go of your goal, but do give yourself some wiggle room. Ten or $15 dollars a week will give you enough to do something for yourself but shouldn't sabatoge your debt snowball. Also, make a list of some free activities that you could participate in and enjoy the spring weather to boot!

I think everyone hits this bump in the road but don't give up! In my "rough" times I would re-read my Dave Ramsey books or listen to my Financial Peace CD's (I think I have them memorized), take a few days to "dream" about what I'd do with my money once I was debt free, look back at where I was before starting my snowball & realizing again how far I'd come, or even call up a friend and talk it out (she was also on BS #2). Being single too, I totally understand where you're at, and hope this might help you.

Eskielover

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Was able to put $200 into my FFEF account. Disappointed in the amount, but since I had a couple of large bills due & everything else went to becoming Debt Free, it's better than nothing. I get paid next Thursday & hopefully will be able to add more than.

My employer is cutting hours again & I may not be able to work overtime in May when we are busy with graduations. I was hoping to be able to fund my roofing project and my emergency fund by 12/12/12. Not giving up though!

Eskielover

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good morning all,

I love seen the debt go down. Another $208 to the Van loan. Hubby not able to work as much extra this month so we don't have much extra to put to the EF or debt. Updating numbers now. Still moving in the right direction.
    Baby Step #1 - Done!!!!
    Baby Step #2 - Working on it (see below)
    Baby Step #3 - $6092.77/$20,000
    Baby Step #4 - 2%
    Baby Step #5 - 4 kids Paying cash Son#1=1st payment year#3, Son#2=Fall paid in full
    Baby Step #6 -
    Baby Step #7 -

401k Loan = $22119.98/$34000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Paid another $110 to debt this week. Filing taxes tonight so maybe we will get a good return.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just made a payment of $400 to debt.

We did our taxes and will be getting $2700 back. That will pay off one of the debts completely and all we will have left is our van payment! I am so excited now I just have to be patient until it gets in so I can make the payment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

danni that's awesome, you are kicking butt this month!!!

We are taking a little mini vacation this weekend! I'm leaving work at noon and we are heading to the Kansas Speedway to watch practice this afternoon b/c it's a free will donation to get in. Then we are staying with the inlaws who will have their motor home there for the night (and offered to babysit this evening!). Hanging out all day Saturday in KC looking for some cheap stuff to do and heading home Saturday night!

My kids are in desperate need of new pants! I hate this weather, it's cold in the morning then warm in the afternoon, it's soooo hard to know what to dress them in. DS is outgrowing all his long pants, but I don't want to buy more when summer will be here soon! DD is growing like a weed too, Her size 5T jeans were like 2 in too long in August, fit her perfectly in Dec and now they are getting too small! I hope all the clothes I bought her in the little girls section that were size 4/5 will fit this summer!

Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 243132333435363744 ... LastLast