The 12/12/12 project! - Page 44
Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3441424344454647 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi all,

Made a payment to the 401k loan. Can't wait until the next 2 weeks should be able to make a huge payment to the 401k then. Going to settlement Monday so I should know where I stand with extra monies after that. Can't wait
    Baby Step #1 - Done!!!!
    Baby Step #2 - Working on it (see below)
    Baby Step #3 - $1000/$20,000
    Baby Step #4 - 4%
    Baby Step #5 - 4 kids Paying cash Son#1=year#3 PIF, Son#2=Fall PIF, Spring 1/4 saved
    Baby Step #6 - Home, Rental
    Baby Step #7 -

401k Loan = $18762.60/$34000
    Credit Card = $1215.28

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ughh so DH's truck wouldn't start this morning. Figures - I had plans this weekend to visit my best friend... I haven't seen her since 2010. I am trying to justify renting a car, but I'm not sure I can live with myself if I blow up the budget. Enterprise no longer does their weekend specials... so I can't find anything cheaper than $100 for the weekend. I feel like it's going to break her heart if I cancel the day before. (not to mention my own, you have no idea how much I was looking forward to a weekend with my friend and the beach). DH has his busiest weekend of the year, so I can't ask him to try to get rides from coworkers - he already has enough stress as it is, and he is working from 6 am to 10 pm all weekend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gmarie, not trying to be a Bad influence but, there is worse things you can spend a hundred bucks on. I think you could blow your budget just once for a very special reason.
    Step 1
    125/1000
    Gun safe EF - 0/1000
    Step 2 (what we owe/original amount)

Medical- 2484/2484
    School - 1223/1223
    Furniture - 4000/4000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ok, this has been a strange day that seems like it is slowly working out in a weird way...

First, I realized we have old points through American Airlines and I was able to get a weekend rental for free (well, just fees). I still have no idea how I will get there, they won't pick me up, but I'll figure something out.

Then, I was on my way home for lunch and was rear-ended. The guy who rear-ended me happens to be a mechanic, and his shop was right there. He brought me back to his shop so we could get out of traffic and trade info. He is now towing and diagnosing DH's truck for free, and will fix my car. The truck was already on a flatbed as I was on my way back to work. I have never gone outside of ins before, but really my car is not that bad - it was really just a light bump and minimal damage to the car - and since he works for a reputable car place, I feel comfortable with it. Strange.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hope it works out for you gmarie.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sometimes is whole paying off debt can be a little tough, specially in summer when there are things to do. Sigh. But i think that my original goals for the 12/12/12 project was to pay off two credit cards the 300 one and another one, and my car. If we are lucky, we will get all that paid off and my big credit card (number 1).

I'm so doing the Mario victory jump here. Lol.
    Step 1
    125/1000
    Gun safe EF - 0/1000

Medical- 2484/2484
    School - 1223/1223
    Furniture - 4000/4000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, got a rental car for $11, but the truck needs a new transmission. fun.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow sorry to hear that Gmarie Pushing some things back a bit, because of this move. Oh well, just want to be in, be fall, soups and stews, and totally on budget. I know don't push things, but feel like we are all over the place right now. Will settle down soon. Keep up the good work everybody.
    Baby Step #1 - Done!!!!
    Baby Step #2 - Working on it (see below)
    Baby Step #3 - $1000/$20,000
    Baby Step #4 - 4%
    Baby Step #5 - 4 kids Paying cash Son#1=year#3 PIF, Son#2=Fall PIF, Spring 1/4 saved
    Baby Step #6 - Home, Rental
    Baby Step #7 -

401k Loan = $18762.60/$34000
    Credit Card = $1215.28

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well, I had a nice weekend without killing the budget. We are now trying to decide if we will fix the truck, or wait until we are debt free. As it stands, we will be debt free in September, so it kills me to give up several thousand dollars to fix the truck when we are so close. I still need to talk to the shop about prices, maybe get a second opinion, and do a cost comparison. One option we have been considering is to hold off on fixing the truck and buy DH an inexpensive motorcycle to get back and forth from work for the summer. Crazy, but I would win some serious points (he has always wanted a motorcycle, and I've always told him no way), but it may make the most sense. He would just have to promise to stay away from the windy fast back roads so I can sleep at night!

But, if we were to become a one car household, we could survive for maybe a few months. Our schedules don't overlap for the most part, it just means giving up sleep and a huge inconvenience. But, since we could technically get by, two cars really does feel like a want not a need.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a little ashamed to admit this... BUT last night I used a credit card . I've been waiting until we saved up enough cash to pay for a Disney Cruise, but you have to book so early just to get a room that I went ahead and used the Disney Visa, they suckered me in with their $50 on board credit for using it and 6 months no interest. If we aren't able to get it all paid off in the next few months , then I will take the cash from the FFEF to pay it. Technically baby step 2.1 comes before the FFEF, so I figured it wasn't that big a deal to take a little out of the FFEF for it if we need to. (The total cost of cruise was a little over $2400.) DH's next paintless dent repair job will go towards about 1/4 of the cost.

On a better note, it's payday and we're going to pick up our half a beef today! DH's mom also bought a hog and plans to divide some of it between BIL and us! We should have plenty of meat to last us a year, we've been talking about trying not to eat out for the next year, but DH keeps insisting that we need 1 night a week to eat out. I think we'll try a month of no eating out first and see how it goes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry, but I don't get it. You used debt and put yourself back in BS2? It makes no sense to me at all. I hate to say it but you don't seem very serious about the DR program; and that is okay, you don't have to be; but if you are trying to be serious about it, you need to recognize that your habits are not changing. Maybe it is because you didn't have the pain of an extended time in BS2 getting gazelle intense, I'm not sure... but I can assure you that I would rather eat nails then charge a vacation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes its a big deal.

Taking money out of the FFEF for a VACATION? The FFEF is for EMERGENCIES!

You were doing so well. You've sabotaged yourself significantly.

My advice, cancel the trip, cancel the card, pay off whatever debt accumulated as a result and save up for the vacation you can AFFORD - cause you couldn't afford this one.
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

June Snowball = $4959 bringing our debt down to $11,944!!

We are so close I can almost feel it. Lately, I am emotional even thinking about what it will be like to be debt free. I started to cry twice today. I just can not wait to put this behind us, and be able to plan for the future instead of living to pay off the past.

So, after much thought, we have decided that fixing the truck is a want not a need - we are putting it off until we are out of debt. It is chaotic and miserable sharing a car, but it is possible, so it is what it is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so impressed with your snowballs. Way to go!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow some harsh responses there nkochrn!! Everyone has different walks of life, and everyone uses Dave Ramsey's plan differently. You are the only one that knows is your money works for you, so if you think you'll be able to get rid of it quick like you say, then good for you!

Nice snowball there gmarie!

Not much on the home front...DHs check got shorted this week, right before our vacation!! Go figure! He only got paid half what he was supposed to. They are gonna fix it n Monday, but I don't believe he'll et that money until his next paycheck. Ugh! We are going to have to scrimp and scrounge to get the gas money to go up there!!!
    Step 1
    125/1000
    Gun safe EF - 0/1000

Medical- 2484/2484
    School - 1223/1223
    Furniture - 4000/4000

Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3441424344454647 ... LastLast