Net Worth? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Net Worth?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I -use- to keep records of my net worth... we had to submit the figures as part of DD's adoption process. I had them re-evaluated every quarter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy99 View Post
    oh my how i wish there was an 'edit' feature!! guess our net worth isn't in the negative after all . .just did a quick calculations ..included .. house (market value), van and savings account .. and then subtracted the mortgage amount and voila .. it's not too bad considering ...
    No other debt? Sweet!
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We started doing this about 3/4 years ago when we actually started getting serious about our finances. Prior to that we were in survival mode most of the time. I do this (a quick scrap paper run through) every couple of months. Generally I do it because I'm playing with attempting to predict fugures or set goals. We were pretty far behing where we should be just a couple of years back. Last time I compared to somenes chart of where we should be we were getting pretty close. The goal now is to become one of those "over achievers" or PAW's so that we could do the retire early thing. The market is currently not helping us climb quickly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
    No other debt? Sweet!
    That's right & trying hard to keep it that way!! lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't calculte my net worth down to the penny, but when our retirement acct's send us our quarterly reports I get very excited (I'm a geek) to see how much we're worth. Best bit of advice I ever got has really paid off, start investing in your 401K with your first paycheck. I did that and I have rarely skipped a paycheck of saving in my 401k, 403b or IRA. Well, we're worth quite a bit now, even though we have some cc debt. I wouldn't dare borrow from by 401k to pay off my cc. My cc will be paid off before I lose the zero percent on it.
    Bethany

Mortgage: 220,000

GOALS:

~Make weekly deposits (no matter how small) to savings account in order to get into the habit of
    saving.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    As of 2-12-12........
    CC 12,000
    Paying down agressively!
    No other debt!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We use NetworthIQ (dot) com to keep an eyeball on things, it's a free site and it's fun for us. You plug in your data (assets, debts, age, location etc. Most of them are optional, so you can put whatever you want for privacy reasons.) at whatever frequency you'd like. It'll tend graph your progress with the added incentive to compare with any other other public profiles based on location, age group, income and etc.

There's an option to set your account to private as well and you can look at public/other peoples accounts without signing in/registering.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hadn't figured ours in several years because of setbacks (it was depressing watching the numbers decline significantly). However, in filling out scholarship applications with my girls, several required this information. Ours is mostly in our home equity which does us little good for a variety of reasons, but it's nice to know we look good on paper. I'm more concerned about my liquid assets than I am my networth.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We do it semi annually or yearly. It's a nice thing to do for the most part b/c you can compare where you are v. where you were 10-20 years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12