Frugal Village Forums banner

YNAB decision

Tags
decision ynab
1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  peanut 
#1 ·
Well I couldn't get DH to even look at YNAB (You Need A Budget) for our family budgeting. He's a Quicken man through and through. So I didn't buy YNAB. BUT I've decided to use their approach in budgeting my allowance this year. I'm going to save up a 'buffer' of one month's allowance to start, and add to that.

Actually, I'm saving half my allowance so I have some money to do some crafty things and go to events I'd like to attend. I'm tired of always begging for money for those things (they come up unexpectedly)...and having to justify them. DH is so good at making a person feel guilty/bad about anything they spend on themselves. No more! This year I have a plan...

To make matters easier, I'm having half my allowance automatically transferred from our chequeing account to my personal account. DH is not impressed. I'm ignoring him.

Jean

#4 ·
Ahh well, your DH can deal. It's something you want to do that isn't too extravagant in the eyes of other frugalites. He needs to realize his reaction is a bit unjustified. :)

#6 ·
Good for you! My problem is when DW needs some cross stitching supplies she feel so guilty about buying it she makes herself sick. Just my luck, I marry a women who WON'T spend money!

#9 ·
Well, I've had an allowance all along. It was siphoning part off into a bank account he seemed to have an issue with. Not sure why, and not sure I want to go there and ask. The thing that gets me is we're talking about $40/month here. This is not a big deal... in fact, I'm surprised it garnered any kind of response from him.

Jean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.