When hell freezes over
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default When hell freezes over

[07:35] Greebo I wanna get my credit score up
    [07:35] Greebo I think I'm gonna open a credit card

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I wuv you Greebo!!! You made my morning.

This thread dedicated to Greebo teachings, how has he influenced you since you've been here?

Myself, I sold the CRV, a car I loved so much, I actually sold it after weeks of kicking and screaming to Greebo. He was never mean, somehow he got through to me in a way that no one else could.
    You're just a financial hero to me, Greebo.
    "If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and light it yourself."

Car loan (ugh, again!)
    Husband's debt to work on, mine is gone except car loan. w00t!

Yah, I suck at this money stuff, I know. That's why I'm here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Is this an April Fools joke? ~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nuisance26 View Post
    ~Is this an April Fools joke? ~
    Of course
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I wuv you Greebo!!!

Wow, you don't see this every day. LOL

Just capturing this moment.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on:
    Pinterest

A monumental event can happen any day." --Peale
    "Leap and the net will appear. --John Burroughs

Would the child you once were be inspired by the adult you've become?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by krbshappy71 View Post

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I wuv you Greebo!!! You made my morning.

This thread dedicated to Greebo teachings, how has he influenced you since you've been here?

Myself, I sold the CRV, a car I loved so much, I actually sold it after weeks of kicking and screaming to Greebo. He was never mean, somehow he got through to me in a way that no one else could.
    You're just a financial hero to me, Greebo.
    Sara's right

This is a rare enough thing I'd better quote it to prove it happened. KRB may come to her senses later and delete it otherwise...
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"

Greebo
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Told you so!
    ~Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.~

~The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

First thought: HAHAHA!

Second thought: How the *&%$# am I going to live with him through our budget meeting tonight?

Third thought: oh yeah, cast iron frying pan
    The Free Spirit Saver who walks the path with Greebo.

Onboard with a modified Dave Ramsey Plan
    Budget: "Every month! On paper, on purpose!"

Gardening somewhere between Zone 6b and 7a.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Could you please wait until my LAST bruise heals before you hit me with the frying pan AGAIN???

Greebo

Three

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Ceashels View Post

Second thought: How the *&%$# am I going to live with him through our budget meeting tonight?

Third thought: oh yeah, cast iron frying pan
    If I had known this tip, I might never have divorced my ex. Doh!!
    "If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and light it yourself."

Car loan (ugh, again!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah, well I don't love Greebo right now. I have been working mad hours (66 a week) but have also recently had some hard hits to the EF. I wanted SO badly to pay off the 1st credit card with my last paycheck even though my EF wasn't at even the "Dave Ramsey thinks I am too poor for a thousand dollars level" . And hours are not promised at my job so I knew it was important.
    But I funded the EF back up to snuff and next paycheck I'll pay off the CC. But d**n I wanted to pay it off now ...
    But I knew Greebo would scream if he ever found out. But I freely admit now that I don't luv Greebo.l
    Go West Young(ish) (Wo)Man,
    Let your troubles stay east.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by kita View Post
    Yeah, well I don't love Greebo right now. I have been working mad hours (66 a week) but have also recently had some hard hits to the EF. I wanted SO badly to pay off the 1st credit card with my last paycheck even though my EF wasn't at even the "Dave Ramsey thinks I am too poor for a thousand dollars level" . And hours are not promised at my job so I knew it was important.
    But I funded the EF back up to snuff and next paycheck I'll pay off the CC. But d**n I wanted to pay it off now ...
    But I knew Greebo would scream if he ever found out. But I freely admit now that I don't luv Greebo.l
    I totally understand your frustrations with the Dave Ramsey stuff. If so many people didn't keep calling in screaming I'M DEBT FREEeee!!!!! I would have given up a long time ago and almost have many times. I just can't accept that they can do it and I can't, there has got to be a way that this can work for me.

Car loan (ugh, again!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I totally understand your frustrations with the Dave Ramsey stuff. If so many people didn't keep calling in screaming I'M DEBT FREEeee!!!!! I would have given up a long time ago and almost have many times. I just can't accept that they can do it and I can't, there has got to be a way that this can work for me.
    I got hit with everything throughout my journey to financial 'peace.' okay. i'm still on the journey but debt free. blown engine on cars, high risk pregnancy, foundation shifting on house, and some other things. It was tough, but I have a saying I always say to myself when things really start to pile on.. I just take a deep breath and say "Preston always Prevails" and get back into the thick of it.

There *IS* a finish line. It doesn't matter if you finish dead last.. at least you finish.