When hell freezes over
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Registered User krbshappy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    2,371
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    20

    Default When hell freezes over

    [07:35] Greebo I wanna get my credit score up
    [07:35] Greebo I think I'm gonna open a credit card


    HAHAHAHAHA!!! I wuv you Greebo!!! You made my morning.

    This thread dedicated to Greebo teachings, how has he influenced you since you've been here?

    Myself, I sold the CRV, a car I loved so much, I actually sold it after weeks of kicking and screaming to Greebo. He was never mean, somehow he got through to me in a way that no one else could.
    You're just a financial hero to me, Greebo.
    "If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and light it yourself."

    Car loan (ugh, again!)
    Husband's debt to work on, mine is gone except car loan. w00t!

    Yah, I suck at this money stuff, I know. That's why I'm here.

  2. #2
    Moderator nuisance26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    8,501
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    ~Is this an April Fools joke? ~

  3. #3
    Rude and Vile Master Greebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Age
    45
    Posts
    8,563
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nuisance26 View Post
    ~Is this an April Fools joke? ~
    Of course
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

    Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"


    Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

    Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

  4. #4
    Founder Sara Noel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    45
    Posts
    19,023
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries
    10
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I wuv you Greebo!!!


    Wow, you don't see this every day. LOL

    Just capturing this moment.
    Follow me on Twitter!


    Follow me on:
    Pinterest


    A monumental event can happen any day." --Peale
    "Leap and the net will appear. --John Burroughs

    Would the child you once were be inspired by the adult you've become?

  5. #5
    Rude and Vile Master Greebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Age
    45
    Posts
    8,563
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krbshappy71 View Post
    [07:35] Greebo I wanna get my credit score up
    [07:35] Greebo I think I'm gonna open a credit card


    HAHAHAHAHA!!! I wuv you Greebo!!! You made my morning.

    This thread dedicated to Greebo teachings, how has he influenced you since you've been here?

    Myself, I sold the CRV, a car I loved so much, I actually sold it after weeks of kicking and screaming to Greebo. He was never mean, somehow he got through to me in a way that no one else could.
    You're just a financial hero to me, Greebo.
    Sara's right

    This is a rare enough thing I'd better quote it to prove it happened. KRB may come to her senses later and delete it otherwise...
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

    Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"


    Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

    Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

  6. #6
    Registered User Nishu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,371
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Told you so!
    ~Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.~

    ~The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.~

  7. #7
    Moderator Ceashels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, Md
    Posts
    4,007
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krbshappy71 View Post
    [07:35] Greebo I wanna get my credit score up
    [07:35] Greebo I think I'm gonna open a credit card
    First thought: HAHAHA!


    Quote Originally Posted by krbshappy71 View Post
    This thread dedicated to Greebo teachings, how has he influenced you since you've been here?
    Second thought: How the *&%$# am I going to live with him through our budget meeting tonight?


    Third thought: oh yeah, cast iron frying pan
    The Free Spirit Saver who walks the path with Greebo.

    Onboard with a modified Dave Ramsey Plan
    Budget: "Every month! On paper, on purpose!"


    Gardening somewhere between Zone 6b and 7a.

  8. #8
    Rude and Vile Master Greebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Age
    45
    Posts
    8,563
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    77

    Default

    Could you please wait until my LAST bruise heals before you hit me with the frying pan AGAIN???
    If you could kick in the pants the person responsible for your problems, you wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

    Did you know that a 4 year student paying $20,000/year who finances their education graduates with over $103,000 in debt to start? But a student who works and pays cash and takes 6 years to graduate ends with $6,300 in their pocket! So much for "getting a head start by financing!"


    Greebo
    (Nerd Spender): Loving and extremely patiently tolerated husband of ceashels.
    WARNING: Y Chromosome behind the keyboard. Adjust your listening filters appropriately!

    Three
    Two mortgages, two one no car loans, one no credit cards, and a partridge in pear tree!

  9. #9
    Registered User krbshappy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    2,371
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceashels View Post

    Second thought: How the *&%$# am I going to live with him through our budget meeting tonight?


    Third thought: oh yeah, cast iron frying pan
    If I had known this tip, I might never have divorced my ex. Doh!!
    "If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and light it yourself."

    Car loan (ugh, again!)
    Husband's debt to work on, mine is gone except car loan. w00t!

    Yah, I suck at this money stuff, I know. That's why I'm here.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Yeah, well I don't love Greebo right now. I have been working mad hours (66 a week) but have also recently had some hard hits to the EF. I wanted SO badly to pay off the 1st credit card with my last paycheck even though my EF wasn't at even the "Dave Ramsey thinks I am too poor for a thousand dollars level" . And hours are not promised at my job so I knew it was important.
    But I funded the EF back up to snuff and next paycheck I'll pay off the CC. But d**n I wanted to pay it off now ...
    But I knew Greebo would scream if he ever found out. But I freely admit now that I don't luv Greebo.l
    Go West Young(ish) (Wo)Man,
    Let your troubles stay east.

  11. #11
    Registered User krbshappy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    2,371
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kita View Post
    Yeah, well I don't love Greebo right now. I have been working mad hours (66 a week) but have also recently had some hard hits to the EF. I wanted SO badly to pay off the 1st credit card with my last paycheck even though my EF wasn't at even the "Dave Ramsey thinks I am too poor for a thousand dollars level" . And hours are not promised at my job so I knew it was important.
    But I funded the EF back up to snuff and next paycheck I'll pay off the CC. But d**n I wanted to pay it off now ...
    But I knew Greebo would scream if he ever found out. But I freely admit now that I don't luv Greebo.l
    I totally understand your frustrations with the Dave Ramsey stuff. If so many people didn't keep calling in screaming I'M DEBT FREEeee!!!!! I would have given up a long time ago and almost have many times. I just can't accept that they can do it and I can't, there has got to be a way that this can work for me.
    "If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, march down there and light it yourself."

    Car loan (ugh, again!)
    Husband's debt to work on, mine is gone except car loan. w00t!

    Yah, I suck at this money stuff, I know. That's why I'm here.

  12. #12
    Registered User Preston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krbshappy71 View Post
    I totally understand your frustrations with the Dave Ramsey stuff. If so many people didn't keep calling in screaming I'M DEBT FREEeee!!!!! I would have given up a long time ago and almost have many times. I just can't accept that they can do it and I can't, there has got to be a way that this can work for me.
    I got hit with everything throughout my journey to financial 'peace.' okay. i'm still on the journey but debt free. blown engine on cars, high risk pregnancy, foundation shifting on house, and some other things. It was tough, but I have a saying I always say to myself when things really start to pile on.. I just take a deep breath and say "Preston always Prevails" and get back into the thick of it.

    There *IS* a finish line. It doesn't matter if you finish dead last.. at least you finish.

Similar Threads

  1. help?!?! unemployment hell
    By sahm2boys in forum Debt Reduction & Money Management
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 08:29 AM
  2. Frugal Woman Freezes To Death!
    By became4347 in forum Frugal Living
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 09:11 PM
  3. I am having a day from Hell
    By heavensent_7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 03:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •