Frugal Village Forums banner

help?!?! unemployment hell

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  227melissa 
#1 ·
my husband has been claiming unemployment for just over a year
the old claim year ending date ended 10/11..we were told to file a new claim, the new claim was to be denied, then the old claim would pick back up and continue the extensions.

in middle nov it finally started paying out again we got 2 payments..we filed and filed and no payments

i called monday and they stated with using the old claim when we file the weekly claim online we must then call 24 hrs later to have the payment processed...ok..we were expecting 2 checks this week and 2 next week

i called back today to make the call to have the payment pushed and i was informed that craigslist is not acceptable forms of contact and we will not get paid

craigslist is considered a blind ad..which i didnt know what a blind ad was

the deputy will contact us and then any weeks we claimed with craigslist will need to be paid back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all we have used is craigslist!
when we file the weekly claim it has :

job : ad title
date
name of contact i list as confidential or unknown
and email address then ends in CRAIGSLIST.ORG

on top of that my computer crashed and my proof which was the sent emails are GONE!!!

im so scared and sick...we are now not going to have rent, and another major payment that is due, december bills and then christmas with two little boys!!! plus $1600 x 12 months repayment!!!!

please any info or advice would be helpful

Thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
No answers but I hope you can get things worked out. Big hug! :hug2:

#3 ·
I don't have any answers or advice...but I've heard that job ads on Craigslist are about 90% scams....especially the ones without definite company info or vague info. I'm surprised there are not guidlines on what job applications/searches are acceptable.

#5 ·
Blind ads means the advertiser is not listed so there is no way unemployment can double check that you are applying.
Think of it from their perspective....and be suspicious.
Any applicant could post Craig'slist ads, apply to them and then ask for unemployment. Unemployment for about an hours worth of work....

#6 ·
I guess each state is different Nj never gave me any trouble with internet ads I never specifically said Craigslist when claiming benefits just internet BTW collected for a long time and noone ever checked my job search. There is not way they are going to call jobs posted on Monster or anywhere else and ask if you applied there These jobs literally get hundreds of apps every day. Does your state have an appeals process? As far as paying back I dont think this will apply but if it does you can pay back weekly a small amount dont panic. I hope things get better soon keep your chin up

#7 ·
Is he only looking for employment on Craigslist ? The last time I received unemployment, which was a few years back you had to go in person. I would just start handing out resumes in person and pray for next month's checks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.