Frugal Village Forums banner

March 2012 "Wasted" Money Challenge

3K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  Debbie-cat 
#1 ·
New month!! New chance to not waste money!!

What did you buy just because you wanted it, not because you needed it? How much money did you spend on little luxuries, or googaws, or fast food, that could have gone toward savings, debt reduction, or other things that could change the quality of your life in a material way?

If your purchase just fulfilled a want, if it provided a transient happiness, if it was something you feel you have to "justify" afterward, then this is the accountability thread for you!

Just a little place to maintain our awareness of where all that money goes (or doesn't go).

#3 ·
50 cents wasted money

Bought Little Miss a t shirt at the rummage sale and it is to small. I measured and everything. It should have fit. Wasted money. I am so bummed.

#5 ·
I can only imagine a $20 pizza, was it super yummy?

What flavor was it?

#10 ·
Was all good till sat 3/3 took hubby ds ds girlfriend and myself to breakfast at dennys 42.00 and it was terrible complained and got 10.00 of the bill went to red white and blue thrift store and got some much needed summer blouses so I dont cant them as waste however I did not need the lilac and white basket for my bedroom or the Sun garden ornament so I will count those 6.00 for both Sigh not starting out so well

#14 ·
Stopped at goodwill and spent $10.99 I came home with
a pair of grey cords...
a long sleeve shirt to work out in
2 books part of a series i am reading

All these items were not needs but wants.

#15 ·
I wasted $1.75 last night on a king size Milky Way Caramel bar, saved half of it for today though :)

I however resisted the temptation to go out for pizza when my husband suggested it last night and I'd already been to the store to stock up on groceries. Then he wanted home made pizza, so I refused to go buy a crust and I made one from scratch and it was great!

#16 ·
Well, I will start today. Wasted money will be nothing! I intend to stick to my schedule today.

#17 ·
I have been posting in Feb.... will move here.......

Nothing spent today.........not leaving home, however, tomorrow is payday, and I will be going to buy groceries.

#18 ·
I found you, I found you! :fdance:

Since I was posting in the February thread all month, I will catch up you to date. :D

Wasted only $3.99 so far this month for a purse.

Today should be a no spend day so nothing will be wasted. :)

#24 ·
Well, today I went to town..... got $40 out of bank... put $15 in gas tank, spent $13.?? on laundry soap, and lunch at the grocery store, then went to the laundramat to do laundry, where I spent most of the rest of the money I had.... I did 6 loads of laundry. I think I came home with $3.00...:weeping:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.