Frugal Village Forums banner

New here and feeling antsy

Tags
antsy feeling
1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  ARCMOMMY 
#1 ·
Hi all! I hope you don't mind if I hang out here. I didn't see an introduction sticky, but I'm new here so I thought I would introduce myself. My DH and I have recently decided to become 100% debt free. We have a DD (7) and a DS (6 months), and we have been fortunate in that for the last 2.5 yrs his income has been enough to provide for us, but we have a $12k car loan and I have about $20k in student loans that I brought in to the relationship that we are anxious to get paid off.

We're doing the DR plan and are one baby step 1. I'm really excited to see if we can knock out that $1k this month! Our plan right now is to have DH work as much OT as possible (right now there's the possibility of 11 hours/wk so we'll see how that goes) and I have been trying to find some students to tutor for a little extra $.

I had been looking in to going back to work until we realized that with DD out of school for the summer it might not be the best time, so instead I'll be be looking for work full-force at the end of summer.

Really looking forward to getting back to work and getting to give this debt the old heave-ho and definitely excited to be here with so many people who have succeeded/are succeeding.

Anyway, that's our deal!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi and welcome aboard! Well you certainly came to the right place! Here at the FV, you'll get lots of support and friendly advice from everyone. Most of us our striving to get out of debt too, but best of all, there's many who did just that right here!

Love your plan, and look forward to reading more of your posts. :tay:

Theresa :)

#4 ·
Welcome!

The more the merrier!

#7 ·
Thank you all! We're off to a bit of a rough start bc DH forgot to tell me that we had $830 charged on the cc! After paying it off and re-balancing the budget (to the tune of $0 to spend on anything other than bills over the next 10 days and pulling $65 out of our Christmas fund -- ouch!) we're going to be ok. Thankfully we are now totally on the same page and dh is working 18 hrs O/T this week so we should still have ~$300 toward our mini EF. Also, thinking about getting "gazelle intense" and figuring out what we can sell. Yay!

#8 ·
Nice job. When both you and your dh are on board it will be amazing how fast things fall into place. Focus on your goal and the law of attraction will work in your favor. And sell sell sell! My dh is now obsessed with selling his old stuff. It's fun, and you clean out the house at the same time.

#10 ·
Welcome!!! My best advice is always surround yourself with peopl that are going thru the same as yourself. You will love this forum. Also I wanted to give you an idea. You said you will be home for the summer? If so maybe you could offer to watch a child or children for summer care to bring in some extra income to help you guys out. Just an idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.