Do you have a Capital One credit card?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Do you have a Capital One credit card?

Yeow, this might be a little more than the typical 'slap on the wrist' for Capital One..........interesting.

Here is part of what is said---for those that had an account with them-------------

Quote:

Complete repayment, plus interest, to two million consumers: Capital One will pay approximately $140 million to all of the estimated two million consumers who either initially enrolled in a product on or after August 1, 2010, or who tried to cancel a product on or after August 1, 2010, but were persuaded to keep the product after speaking with a call-center representative. In addition to the amount paid for the product, cardmembers will receive a refund of the associated finance charges, any over-the-limit fees resulting from the charge for the product, and interest.

Pay claims denied based on ineligibility at enrollment: For any of these eligible consumers whose payment protection claims were previously denied because their loss occurred prior to enrollment (because of unemployment, disability, etc.), Capital One will pay their claims as if they had been eligible, if that amount is greater than the refund for that consumer.

Convenient repayment for consumers: If the consumers are still Capital One customers, they will receive a credit to their accounts. If they are no longer a Capital One credit card holder, they will receive a check in the mail. Consumers are not required to take any action to receive their credit or check.

Here is the full article:

Capital One To Refund $140 Million to 2 Million Consumers

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Costco is now capital One FYI

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalwarrior2 View Post
    Costco is now capital One FYI
    You mean the credit card they use??.............instead of the Amer. Exp. that they USED to use............is now C.O.????

Wonder if this is all over..........or just some of them???

If this isn't what you meant, please clarify.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a capital one card and I know when I activated it the reps were super pushy about wanting me to add the products. I just told them I already have the service-which I did-through AAA-and she just kept pushing and finally I told her "NO! I am not signing up for this! That is the end of the discussion. Are we done with the activation now?" She had not even started the activation at that point but she finally did and let me go. She acted all hurt that I had refused the sell though!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had one but I was SOOOOOO glad to get Capital One OUT of my wallet!! I don't think I ever signed up for one of their bogus protection rackets. I usually avoid those unless they are giving me something to sign up, then once I have gotten the free gift, I cancel.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

have one dont hae the extra's.