Frugal Village Forums banner

When your debt is paid off will you continue to

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  frugalandsimple 
#1 ·
roll that snowball money over into a savings account, cd or invest? I've been thinking about this for a while and I think that once we have about a year's worth of living expenses (and believe you me we are no where near that) in savings, I'd like a fully funded emergency fund and then start investing the money.
Anyone else consider what you'll do with all that money?:)

#2 ·
Once we have paid off our debt, we plan to put some money into fixing up our current house so that we can sell it and move the "boonies":D

#5 ·
Since my debt is paid off I am building up a 6 to 9 month EF and putting some extra money on my mortgage each month.

#6 ·
When our first loan is oiad off in 2 months this will go into our emergency fund. When the next one is paid off it will go towards buying a new car. when the third is paid off (and the cash from the other 2 have done their job) this will all go on the mortagage.

It really is a big help knowing the end date of all of these debts so we can make plans for where the cash will go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.