Frugal Village Forums banner

Facing reality...

2K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  graci42 
#1 ·
I started counting this morning. I took my december bank statement and january statement to see how much I spend on the unescessary things.

Ouch!

I can't believe I spend $1285 in grocery in Dec. and 998$ in Jan. 220$ in restaurant in Dec. and 150$ in Jan. Over 200$ in clothes each month. I have over 400$ of "what the heck did I buy there" junk I can't even figure what they are each month.

And I thought I was somewhat frugal LOL (what a joke!) :(

Good things is that it shouldn't be too much of a problem to drop the grocery bill a bit and save money to put on the debts.

I'm giving myself a full month to read more on debts reduction and I'll be starting the debts challenge officially in March. :smball:

Nath

#4 ·
Way to go Nath!!! it's hard to face it, but it's the first step and for people who take courage, and commit to writing it down, and looking at it square on, they usually make faster progress in dealing with any problems.

You are more than half way there, just by doing that. And you didn't do so bad, everybody is shocked when they first see their own spending.

I've been tracking mine again, and I'm not the frugal diva I thought I was.

sign me

Mrs. Spendy!!!! who is rather embarrassed!!!!!:bang:

#5 ·
I can relate! I spent $500 in groceries and $300 eating out in January - I had never tracked the money before.

Great first step and we can encourage each other.

#8 ·
I'll let you in on a little secret. The hardest part was finding out where it went. After that...cutting back was relatively easy. It just hurt to see what we had been wasting. Starting to spend smart...cake.

#9 ·
Good job. Keep it up and it will come along for you!

#10 ·
You've done the first step, the rest should be easy! (Okay, maybe not easy, but easier now that you know where the leaks are!) I look forward to watching your progress!

#11 ·
Thank's girls :)

You know, I am not discourage, a bit sad ya, of seeing how much we spend for "I don't even remember what" but not discourage... I am not living in a critic situation like some of the girls here, so I consider myself lucky to have a choice.

I'm really looking forward to all this, I really want things to change and I know I'm strong minded enough to do so....not to say that, being surrounded by a good support team is a big PLUS. I simply can't fail LOL :D ...I'll probably need a couple reminders or a couple kick in the butt here and there...and I'm sure you ladies can help me on that part LOL :D

#12 ·
:cowwave: Ready and willing to kick butt, lol.
Good for you for looking it (spending habits)straight in the eye and saying this is not the way I want things to be and then doing something about it. You can do this Nath! :thumb:

#17 ·
Good luck! Lots of support here :)

#18 ·
I have started tracking my spending this month, and I am shocked to see how much I have spent on groceries this month. Well, here is hoping next month is better for us!

#19 ·
Good Luck...It is hard when you actually see the number, I sure do know that feeling. At least those are expenses you can work with. Good Luck. You know you will get TONS of support here. I have been on many boards, but this is the BEST.:D

Take Care,

#20 ·
I'm right there with you. I am spending the rest of this month tracking every expense, just to see where it goes. I also started up a small part-time internet business last year, so seeing how much money I dumped into stuff that I was SURE would sell (and that is still sitting in inventory) was killer. :-(

#22 ·
Just think...some people NEVER take that first step. Sad really!

Congrats and know you'll succeed!

Graci

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.