Aldi Meat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aldi Meat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Aldi Meat

An Aldi just opened up near were I live. I took a stroll through and saw that they had really cheap ground beef and turkey… but I’m a little afraid to try them. As well as there other assorted meats and sea foods. Are they safe? Tasty?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I buy meat there all the time--- I've never had an issue with it. . . . just as good as any other grocery. I've heard that the quality depends on the particular store - - so you might buy just a little bit and see what you think.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy the frozen salmon and orange roughy fillets all the time. I have purchased the ground beef a time or two. Beware the produce, though.

pip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I've bought the big tubes of ground beef, I have sometimes noticed that there seems to be little pieces of hard white things...I wondered if they were bone or plastic? Anyway, I haven't noticed this with the smaller tubes. I've tried other frozen meats and have been happy with them. I agree about the produce, though. Seems to go bad sooner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't usually buy meats from Aldi's because I buy from a few local groceries only when they have sales. I have used their frozen meats... 3 lb ground beef chubs, 1# ground turkey chubs, frozen fish fillets, boxed chicken, stuffed chicken breasts (cordon bleu and broccoli cheese). Ialso buy their lunch meats. I have never had a problem.
    As far as the produce, I have never had a problem there either... in fact up till about 2 weeks ago have bought all my oranges (now discontinued) and my red delicious apples there (unless they were on sale somewhere else).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy their meat all the time and have never had a problem with it. I especially like their ground turkey. Tastes great and it's an awesome price compared to the other grocery stores around me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I only buy their fresh ground sirloin at $2.99lb. That's a good deal in our area and it's yummy. I hate all their frozen meats because they add a salty broth to everything. I HATE additives. I discovered over the last year that I could get better tasting meat at better prices at grocery stores by stocking up when they were on sale. I used to buy 2 packs of $1.99lb chicken breast and thought I got a good deal. Now I stock up 10-20 lbs of $1.69lb chicken breast. Makes a huge difference over the year. As far as safe goes, we've never gotton sick from Aldi food. And my sister loves the frozen ground turkey too. She buys it all the time. I hate the texture of ground turkey;feels like I'm eating rough paper.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy their ground beef, I have also bought their frozen chicken breasts, thinking I could take portions that I happen to need that night. But I prefer smaller breasts and I have noticed some of them in the package are rather large.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I should have said their fresh ground beef I didn't like the frozen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank, you have all absolved my fears. Looks like an Aldi trip Saturday.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy most of their meat. I think their ground beef is a little funky though. The rest is fine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I went to Aldis and got some chicken, turkey, pork chops, a few avocados {they looked ok-ish} beef and assorted cheeses. That is as far as I’m willing to go for now. Lol.

At this moment in time I am cooking all the chicken with two bags of peppers and a bunch of seasonings for fajitas. I intend to freeze this.

And I am also making a big pot of sticky rice for vegetarian avocado sushi. I’m going to make a bunch of that to eat for the next few days. Does sushi freeze?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

And now i'm gona have lots of rice cakes… lots and lots of them, I accidentally made four times as much rice as I meant too… hahaha I turned way for about five minutes to cut some avocado and turned back to find it all overflowing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What/Who is an Aldi? I guess I'm not up to par on these things (I live way out in the country in a small community...of about 18 people and 55 animals....called Hard Times)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

sahmwannbe Aldi is a grocery store

http://aldi.us/

I have bought meat there before, though I have found I can get better prices if I stocked up when on sale at other places. Now out of mostly convience I buy my meat in bulk at sams club. As for the produce I have never had an issue with that. Though I have bought milk there on 2 seperate occasions that was spoiled, even though the expiration date hadn't passed.
    Challenges

EF $3975.00

debt:
    medical bill $890/$6000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast