Does Target do price adjustments?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Does Target do price adjustments?

Do y'all know if Target does price adjustments? I bought my son a backpack for the upcoming school year last week and I noticed it's on sale in their weekly flyer today.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob mylittle4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours will price adjust for 14 days with a receipt and the ad, so I would think most of them do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I Googled this and came up with one thing....No consistancy. I was not able to find anything on Target's official website. I searched through a few other sites and some say Target does and others say they don't.

I guess the best thing to do is check with your location. If they don't, can you return it and re-buy it at the cheaper price?

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
    DD (20)
    DS (17)
    DH (over the hill - the big 4-0)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Neeley View Post
    If they don't, can you return it and re-buy it at the cheaper price?
    They refund you the current sale price (can't remember if that's with a receipt), so that won't work. I used to work there, and they will do "price match", but I really don't think they do price adjustments. It's worth a shot, though. At least ask. If you can find the same thing cheaper somewhere else, they'll give it to you for that price.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I say it doesnt hurt to find out, most stores will give you the difference, I've done it quite a few times and most are willing because they dont want to lose your business.

Master Dollar Stretcher
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have the orig. receipt so there is no way I'd get refunded anything less. I'd throw a hissy fit, LOL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I never heard of such a thing, to buy something and then a week later go back and want the sale price?Do people do this with groceries-canned goods and the like?How odd. I would not have considered it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by annymoll View Post
    I never heard of such a thing, to buy something and then a week later go back and want the sale price?Do people do this with groceries-canned goods and the like?How odd. I would not have considered it.
    Wal-Mart and Sam's policy is if you buy an item and the price drops within 7 days all you have to do is take the original receipt back to customer service and they will refund the difference. I never knew they had this policy until a manager told me once. I was looking at a Christmas tree to buy for the following year. I made the comment I would just take my chances on it still being there the day after Christmas when it would drop 50%. The manager is the one who told to go ahead and buy it now and bring my receipt back within 7 days to get the difference back. So I did.

Last year I bought 5 of the Monopoly Special Anniversary Eddition Game from Sam's at $99 each. A few days later they dropped the price to $75 and I took my receipt back and got the difference back on all of them.

I have never price adjusted for groceries, but other items - many times.
    Last edited by Neeley; 07-22-2007 at 10:20 PM.
    DD (20)
    DS (17)
    DH (over the hill - the big 4-0)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is a valuable piece of info.A treasure gleaned from the village!!Thanks folks.It will come in handy, I am assuming Target has something like it.I am going to spread the word like wildfire.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My local target will price-adjust if the item goes on sale within 14 days.

HOWEVER...
    If you used a coupon, they will only price-adjust from the price AFTER COUPON. Which in my case last week, was cheaper than the sale price I was trying to have them adjust it to!

(I bought Pampers for 9.54...plus I used coupons that brought it down to like 7.04 each. They went on sale for $8. I thought, logically, they ought to give me 1.54 for each pack. Not so in Target's eyes.)

I was a little irked. I spoke to the manager who agreed it was illogical but that's "how their computer system works".

This probably varies by location. Maybe some Target managers have more sense than ours does.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by lukesmama View Post
    My local target will price-adjust if the item goes on sale within 14 days.

HOWEVER...
    If you used a coupon, they will only price-adjust from the price AFTER COUPON. Which in my case last week, was cheaper than the sale price I was trying to have them adjust it to!

(I bought Pampers for 9.54...plus I used coupons that brought it down to like 7.04 each. They went on sale for $8. I thought, logically, they ought to give me 1.54 for each pack. Not so in Target's eyes.)

I was a little irked. I spoke to the manager who agreed it was illogical but that's "how their computer system works".

This probably varies by location. Maybe some Target managers have more sense than ours does.
    If the store was reimbursed the amount of the coupon, maybe they were passing those savings on to you. Which would be a good thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They should price match within a set amount of time, especially if it's their own ad.

They will not price match from some competitors like Best Buy, because they aren't the same type of store.

My mil bought one of those GPS navigation things from Sears last week. Then this week it was on sale at another store for $50 less. She took the add and they gave her the difference plus 5 or 10%. Sears' policy is within 30 days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If the store was reimbursed the amount of the coupon, maybe they were passing those savings on to you. Which would be a good thing.
    Scratch that kiddo. And quit yer laughin!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Scratch that kiddo. And quit yer laughin!!!!
    Hey, I'm all for Target passing on their savings to me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You have two weeks for an adjustment on ad/sale items. They DO NOT offer price adjustments on clearance items.

Bring in your receipt (& the ad if not the current ad) to guest service.

They refund you the current sale price (can't remember if that's with a receipt), so that won't work.
    They refund the lowest sale price on the item when you return it WITHOUT a receipt - and generally w/o a receipt you can only do a similar item exchange when the item's under $20.

When you return an item with a receipt within 90 days of purchase, you can generally get a full refund for the purchase price.
    *there may be a wait time if you paid by check (ie 7 days for check to clear.)
    * also, different rules apply to electronics, dvds and cds

moral - keep your receipts! or use the c/c to utilize receipt look up! Watch the ads to look for price changes. Be nice to your guest service rep. Also, give gift receipts!!!!
    Last edited by Jenna; 08-07-2007 at 05:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast