CVS ?

Thread: CVS ?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default CVS ?

Does anyone use there extra bucks card? I was wondering if it in fact does save money.
    ~ there prices seem expensive
    ~ Is there a limit to what you can buy?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do use my card every time I go there (you need it for the sales items in the weekly circular). If you do use it (and I do no matter if the purchase is on sale or not), eventually the computer will spit coupons back at you to use in the store. For example, we got a coupon (when we used our card) of $5 off any $15 purchase. We have gotten "free bucks" coupons as well to use as "cash" (on any future purchase) when we bought certain products. I hope that this helps!

I think you have bo be choosy as to what you buy. Sometimes they have really awesome deals, but you have to make sure it's truely a bargin.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You can get a lot of FREE and nearly free things from CVS with your card. Each week they have things you can get extra bucks on. If you only buy the things you actually use, then it's totally worth it!

For example:

I had 15 dollars of free extra cash bucks from buying shampoo and pain relievers from a couple of weeks ago.

This week I bought 50 dollars worth of stuff for 13 dollars and got back another 13 in extra bucks! (I had a 10 dollar off 50 dollar coupon, the 15 extra cash bucks, and another 12 dollars worth of coupons)

It takes a little time to coordinate it, but it is SO worth the effort!

Here is a website that shows the upcoming deals so you have time to plan ahead:

http://deals.families.com/cvs,f533

and here is a site that shows what the Sunday coupons will be a few days early: www.taylortownpreview.com

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for those webistes! I am sure they will help me a ton!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i still havent found the best deals there. i do shop around. my advice is check ur recipt twice because i have been over charged for things there so many times!and they make it seem like a hassel when i make them give ma my money back. hay even pennies become dollars!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I use my extra care card on every visit and use all of my extra care bucks. They do have some good deals, you just have to know your prices and keep an eye out. They are just like any other store - some things are priced better than others and rarely can you go wrong with loss leaders combined with coupons and rebates.

For example, the only toilet paper well will use is Cottonelle. Three weeks ago they had the 12 packs of the double rolls for $5 each. Then if you spent $30 you got $15 in extra care bucks. Plus we had 2 extra care coupons for $5 off of $15. Basically we ended up getting six 12 packs of Cottonelle double rolls for $5 after coupons and extra care bucks. I've got 72 rolls of toilet paper - enough to last us 72 days.

About 10 months ago I got so many bottles of Pantene shampoo, conditioner, Purell sanitizer and ACT mouthwashes for free by using my extra care card and getting extra care bucks. I have enough of the above to last me at least two to three more years.

I really have been pleased with CVS.
    DD (20)
    DS (17)
    DH (over the hill - the big 4-0)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I prefer CVS because at least around here, the stores are nicer than Walgreens or Brooks (soon to be RiteAid). I know that when we live in CO, that Walgreens were nicer, so it could just be our location. I have found that their non-sale prices are a little higher than other places, but their sales prices are pretty good. Again, like other posters said, you have to look for the deals. My most recent one was two weeks ago (I think) - Huggies diapers were on sale for $9/jumbo pack (I think it's the jumbo pack - 40 count for the size 3's anyway). So I got 4 packs for $36 (160 diapers in size 3) minus two $1.50 manufacturer's coupons (down to $33) minus a coupon for $4 off a $20 purchase that they emailed me (down to $29), minus $6.50 in their Extra Care bucks program (down to $23.50). So I spent $23.50 AND I got $15 back in ExtraCareBucks - even without that, $23.50 for 160 diapers is cheaper than $30 for 168 that we pay at BJ's.

I did better with sales and stuff at Walgreens when we lived out in CO, but the few near us are dark (bad lighting), never have stock on anything, the aisles are a mess - so I really just don't like going there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I took advantage of CVS' BOGO free on Colgate toothpaste tonight and had a $1.00 off coupon. Price for 2 tubes of toothpaste: $1.99. I love CVS!