Aldi's ~ skimping on milk?????
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Unhappy Aldi's ~ skimping on milk?????

Ok, I love Aldi's, but I think they are skimping on their milk!

I went to the store on Sunday. Well, one of the other grocery stores had milk for $1.99, so instead of getting it at Aldi's this week, I bought it there instead.

When I was unloading the car and bringing it into the house, I was trying to make as few trips as possible and overloaded myself Well, of course, I had 2 milks in one hand, and I dropped one. Luckily, it didn't completely bust open, but there was a crack at the bottom. So, as I am racing through the house to the sink, I lost quite a bit of milk all over the floor. Judging by how far down from the lid the milk was in the jug, I lost somewhere between 1/4 and a 1/2 cup.

Well, I had just put my milk jug from Aldi's into the recycling bin...so I grabbed it and quickly washed it out with hot soapy water (all the while I am losing milk down the sink drain). Finally, I start pouring the other brand of milk into the Aldi's jug.

I got it filled up, all the way to the tippy top, and I still had about 1/4 cup or so in the bottom of the milk jug. When I started looking at the Aldi's jug compared to the other one it is skinnier!

DH and I looked them over and they both claim to be a gallon. Now, I am really curious! They are both claiming to be a gallon, but one had at least a half a cup more, if not a full cup!

So, next week when I hit the grocery store...I'm going to get milk from both, and do a little test. Dh wants to measure it out and see how much more we get in the other milk, and see if Aldi's is actually holding a gallon or not!

I just had to share...this is just one of those things that I ran into by accident and never would have thought to check. I know with some products you have to watch quantity and size vs. price...but I always thought a gallon of milk was a gallon of milk!

I think I will just prentend like this never happened...I still love Aldi's and will still shop there...I'll just have to get my milk elsewhere after next week!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

nice to know.
    let us know your outcome.
    To be One With The Universe In Spirit, Mind and Body

BEF $150/ $1000

"Every achiever that I have ever met says, 'My life turned around when I began to believe in me.'"
    ~ Dr. Robert H. Schuller, Minister and Author~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Interesting, I would like to know about this and I sure so would the public.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow I hope they're not doing that. We buy our milk at Aldi's too. I love that store. Let us know how it turned out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

if the outcome is that there's a difference in size... take some pic's & write a letter to the local store management AND the Corporate office.
    Let them know...

there's just something not nice about that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think the Attorney General's office in your state would be interested in knowing if its not accurate as well. I believe they momnitor and regulate that stuff. Let us know...very interesting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They sure do skimp on their canned veggies!! I'm sure there's 14.5oz of "stuff" in the can, but there's more salt water in the Aldi's canned veggies than the Del Monte I find at the commissary. Won't be making that mistake again!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmmm going to be counting green beans and awaiting your results. I do know the shelf life of their milk is way shorter than rival WM. We just dont use it up before it expires/goes bad so it's not worth it to us to pour out 1/4 a gal as it would to just buy it else where. I will continue to be an Aldi's-a-holic none the less.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We always hold them up to the light and make sure they are full. several times the gallon was not full up to the top.I think I will also do a little test we have milk delivered on Wed but Sunday I buy Aldi milk so 2 different brands. hmmmm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had an empty Aldi jug so I went and measured it held 4 quarts with room to spare funny a gal was to where the ones I rejected was so I guess they are not shorting milk but the others are giving extra.

Meg

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I always thought it was subconscious but now that you've provided this info. It does seem like a gallon of Aldi's milk never quite lasted as long as Kroger or Jay C. There always seemed to one more bowl of cereal in the Kroger or Jay C milk. I always just thought it was in my head. Guess now I know the truth.

I'll still be going to Aldi because I went to powered milk like 9 months ago and haven't looked back yet.