Frugal Village Forums banner

My first Do-It-Myself project!!

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  mommy4ever 
#1 ·
Ok, I've always had my father or brother fix things in my home. Well this weekend I took a trip to the dollar store. I found 12x12 Vinyl self-adhesive tiles in all different designs. For a box of 27 tiles I paid $9. I got 2 boxes. I redid my whole bathroom floor (which was all torn up sheet vinyl) in about 3 hours. I was sooo happy! You can't beat a new floor for $18 bucks (though technically it cost me 9 since I only needed one box... now what to do with the leftover box..)

#2 ·
That's awesome!

We need to replace the flooring in our upstairs bathroom... It smells HORRIBLE from the little boys that shared it who lived here previously....and there was a leak up there that DH didn't notice (He's the only one who uses that "THRONE" hehe) so now it's just gross. Did I mention it's CARPETED?! ewww!

Anyway, we need to pull up the carpet and put on something! It is a SMALL bathroom so I'm thinking we'll only need like.... 6 tiles. LOL

#7 ·
Unfortunately i can't because it's opened but my thoughts were keep a few for any repairs that may need to be done in the future and use the rest to make a small "floored" area for the cats litter box and food bowls (they are kept in the basement). Or just stash them all for future use lol

#8 ·
I say keep them around for spares or little projects. I got a very nice desk at a garage sale, but the top looked horrible. We sanded it down and got it attached nice. I covered it with same type of tiles, they have a slate look. and put new moldings on the edges its beautiful now and all for about 50 bucks (this originally was at least a thousand dollar desk. Now its a fixture in my home, i use it for my bills and mail desk.

#9 ·
Cant edit lol.:
Anyways the price i posted was for everything, including the purchase of the desk.

#11 ·
Wow that's awesome, we need to redo the downstairs bathroom floors outselves too since our boys .... well didnt take care of it and let the toilet overflow and ruin the sticky tiles... yuck!

You should be so proud... got any pictures?

#15 ·
Good job!

Make sure you wipe moisture off the floor, or the peel and stick tiles will lift. BTDT..lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.